Sledding Grand Forks BC

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/Gals,

Wifey and I will be sledding at Grand Forks BC this Xmas break, Anyone else going to be there. We will be sledding with the local boys who know the sweet spots. I was there 2 yrs ago sledding and what a blast. Riding there has it all for beginner to extreme chutes and long hard hill climbs... It will be a blast. Pm or hit me back if your gonna be there or want more info... GF was my home town for 17 yrs and there is a tonne of sweet spots...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been sledding here for over a week in GF, 6-7 ft Powder at the tops, no base yet. Bottom is an ice layer, then a crust, and finally the bottomless powder... Had great fun tho, lot's of stucks, and mostly tree riding due to the Avy risks being so high....

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad, would not want to be in this situation and having to make the choice to leave your buddies behind... Here is the video with his first hand experience of the avalanche. Time for me to invest in an ABS pack and a couple courses for sure. this video really wakes you up.

http://www.theprovince.com/story.html?id=1130923

I'm still in Grand Forks BC, and were stuck here today due to an Avalanche closing the Bluberry Paulson pass last night and today. It's warming to +4 here today and already the snow is packing. Watch the slopes, and even the treelines are not safe right now. Maybe we will see a nice base form this week/end... Couple more weeks and the hi marking might be ready to tackle.

SKIDOO BLUNK

Reaction score
We have been up to greenwood riding the last few years and love it. Is it worth coming up for a ride right now? There's no snow in Washington.

Top Bottom