Sled Deck

summitflex

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to see what is out there for used sled decks. I am looking for an aluminum deck with retractable sides, I would like a retractable ramp by not a must.

Also was wondering if anybody had some reviews on the denali sled decks? Made in china is a little bit of a flag for me, but the price @ like $1700.00 isn't too bad.

Any info would help thanks.

Trencher

Reaction score
First thing to look into is the type of Alluminum The deck is made of as well as check the welds holding it together. If it is just tacked together(Spot welded) be careful as I have seen the them crack and fail a few times.( Two of my friends have titan decks) As well as the ramp construction and Alluminum Rating as the softer ramps T-6, T-8 rated(Titan) tend to bend over time with use.(Makes it very difficult to retract if it is a sliding ramp.) But there is something to be said about saving money, I personally haven't heard anything Positive or negative about Denali Decks but may be worth while checking there warranty policy.

I had a 2005 Marathon sled deckwith the retactable rampwhich i used to many times to count in fact i wore through 2 sets of puck board and one set of plywood and the deck and ramp were still in great condition with no bends or twists. Where as my Friend who had the Titan deck with the 10ft retractable ramp we used it maybe 10 times and the ramp had sagged to the point where we could not retract it all the way. (Softer Alluminum) Just my 2 cent on what i have seen over the Past 5 years. Hope this helps you.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 06 Marathon deck that I used lots with no problems or worries at all. Held together wel,l had to replace the deck thats it. Still lots of storage underneath and the ramp stowed away nice. I picked it up two years old for $1750. All the chinese decks I have seen dont look all that well thought out or put together. The sides dont fold in barely any room to store anything underneath. I think this is one of those instantces your gonna get what you pay for.

summitflex

Reaction score
Ya for sure i agree, the more I think about it I think I am going to try to find a marathon. The wife wont let me spend the cash for a new one, so kinda have to keep it to a used one. Thanks for the input though, and once again if anyone has a marathon for sale PM me.
Thanks

Top Bottom