Skidoo XP fuel caddy

98sumitt

Reaction score
Hi there all S&M 'ers,
This is my first post and new to the group, so i,m just learning my way around!
Just a quick question. Has anybody tried installing the XP fuel caddy on backwards to what the instructions say to, so that the V'd out side of the can fits into the rear of the seat? It seems like it would make more sense, but am wondering if it will be trying to slide ahead or whatever. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it??:cool:

blair155

Reaction score
Hey man, yah I installed it so the V off the back of the seat fits against the v on the can(backwords from the instructions). It works better for me this way because I have the skidoo bag behind it, that way it does not got past the tunnel on a 154" track. You will not have any problems with securing the tank and it will not move. The only semi problem is that the tip of the rachet way touch your seat cusion... Not a big problem at all...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted mine the same way as Blair155 has described. This way your using the limited space behind the seat wisely for mounting the gas can and a tunnel bag. No problems so far other than the crappy zippers on them over priced crappy Doo bags.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also mounted as other posters have stated

and BTW welcome to the forums :)

steviehonda

Reaction score
Hello out there..

ABSOLUTELY A NOOB here, i just picked up my 2nd Summit I have a gas caddy from my 2007 and a skidoo backpack that attaches to the tunnel. QUESTION I need some guidance on what works good? Sell both and buy CraiggerBuilt? or what, as I'd like to carry things like a first aid kit, tow rope, etc... Any insight? Anything would be appriciated.

Thanks

Top Bottom