Ski-Doo Throttle Block replacement

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On da weekend my throttle block gave out on me, it looks spread apart from tightening the set screw too much, so basically it doesn't get tight at all now, ended up zip tieing the throttle cable to the handle bars to keep it somewhat in position. I don't really care for the design of the DOO throttle block, is there anything aftermarket that i can buy and still use the heated thumb throttle leaver ? maybe a nice chunk of anodized aluminum or will i get stuck with whatever it comes with and have a frozen thumb :( ?

I have the part #'s for the stock parts i need but wanted to explore my options and possibly find something better.

Thanks

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thus far i have found there is a powermadd one (junk), a CR Racing one (look alright and has some adjustability, and Specialty sleds one (haven't seen it yet supposed to be getting pics). But nothing i can use the stock flipper and keep the thumb warmer ....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thus far i have found there is a powermadd one (junk), a CR Racing one (look alright and has some adjustability, and Specialty sleds one (haven't seen it yet supposed to be getting pics). But nothing i can use the stock flipper and keep the thumb warmer ....
the 2003 1/2 Rev Summit 800 came with an aluminum throttle block and thumbwarmer. the flipper broke on mine and I had no trouble replacing it, they look way nicer too.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fastraxx makes one, google their stuff, top quality. Not sure about the thumb warmer tho on it.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fastraxx makes one, google their stuff, top quality. Not sure about the thumb warmer tho on it.

Ya thats a nice one, but nothing for BRP, only polaris flipper. I have decided to just replace the parts i need for the OEM throttle ... that way i can keep the thumb warmer and it won't be as expensive as a 100 dollar billet one.

Thanks for all the input !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Cheers !

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Gravityworx makes what you are looking for. You just add the aftermarket thumbwarmer pad from Royal Distributing.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Gravityworx makes what you are looking for. You just add the aftermarket thumbwarmer pad from Royal Distributing.

Thanks 700summit, thats a nice piece but only uses polaris flipper and kill switch. When i got my order from Speciality i recieved everything i initially quoted which is ok ... but in my last email to them i said leave some things out, one of thouse things was the throttle block ... But since i got it i figured what the hell ill use it. Very nice construction and the flipper is a good size. A few things i noticed... it pulls the throttle cable tight to a point where there is no slack but it is not pulling the throttle just yet without changing the throttle cable length adjustments (which looks like a pain). But when pulling the carbs wide open the flipper does not touch the handle bars like the factory throttle, it's probably half an inch away from the bar, ill have to get use to that. Ill post pics once i make it back out there to finish it off. Maybe later on i will add an aftermarket thumb warmer like 700summit said.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On da weekend my throttle block gave out on me, it looks spread apart from tightening the set screw too much, so basically it doesn't get tight at all now, ended up zip tieing the throttle cable to the handle bars to keep it somewhat in position. I don't really care for the design of the DOO throttle block, is there anything aftermarket that i can buy and still use the heated thumb throttle leaver ? maybe a nice chunk of anodized aluminum or will i get stuck with whatever it comes with and have a frozen thumb :( ?

I have the part #'s for the stock parts i need but wanted to explore my options and possibly find something better.

Thanks

i have the cr racing throttle block...very nice...looks nice and it has differnat holes so you can set your throttle in differant holes...i sure like it...

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is what i have currently. I like the size of the flipper it's good to just use the end of your thumb or wrap yer whole thumb around it, feels comfortable. I am missing the thumb warmer though, rode today and it was cold, started to freeze my thumb. Ill be looking into getting an aftermarket thumb warmer kit for it and just wire it to the original thumb warmer wireing that i left there. One thing about this block is that 1/8 movement on this flipper = 1/4 movement on the doo throttle, so need to be aware. Also getting used to it not touching the bar. Here are some pics (just the block, flipper position in WOT)

Any suggestions on a warmer kit for my thumb throttle ?

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 140

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can use the adjusters on the top of the carbs or if they are rack carbs then you can adjust the one adjuster to move cable slack so that they cable pulls all the way to the grip. If you adjust the carbs then you have to adjust the oiler cable as well remember.

Top Bottom