Ski doo 08 XP 800R Shaft

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Anyone have the shaft on their XP 08 800R let go. have seen alot of stuff about this problem on DOOtalk.com just wondering if its worth welding or if its isolated to early release models???? mine was built Oct. 07

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the shaft on their XP 08 800R let go. have seen alot of stuff about this problem on DOOtalk.com just wondering if its worth welding or if its isolated to early release models???? mine was built Oct. 07

Either there's another thread devoted to this or i saw it in an unrelated thread.. HAPPY SEARCHING :D :D

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Mine and a buddy's are welded on our 154X's.....we drilled 4 holes with a 1/8" bit, then enlarged with a 1/4" bit, then plug welded with a mig wire feed welder. Pics are on Dootalk.....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the drive shafts are welded from the factory but then they machine them down for bearing's and seals and such.. It seems that some got amchined down a little to far.. the plug welding idea is a not bad idea.. wer are going to do that my bosses turbo'd xp800.. Which even with 225hp hasn't had a belt issue with our screen kit on it..

Top Bottom