simmons gen 1 in powder good or bad?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tapex put them on his nytro ,, if i remember corectly he said liked them on the trail hated els where. went back to stock,, and sly is running floats for a air bus and likes them....

i like my stockers really.. just sux on hardpack and crusty snow

W

woodies

should be better, had them on my 700 cat and big difference. but i went to gen 2's on my nytro after 1 ride on stock ski's. you will love the 2's just don't over steer with simmons ski's they carve hard with the twin keels.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Gen 1's won't give you any more flotation than the stock Mtn skis. They are good skis and work better in crust but the flotation is not there. Spend the extra hundred and get the Gen 2's if it is flotation you are looking for.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tapex put them on his nytro ,, if i remember corectly he said liked them on the trail hated els where. went back to stock,, and sly is running floats for a air bus and likes them....

i like my stockers really.. just sux on hardpack and crusty snow

I should bring an extra set next weekend, 'cos if I let you ride mine you will want them :d they are so smoooooth, everwhere

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol iam sure i would.. but i lubed up all the steering components and well its like a dream come true.. i can turn on hardpack with my pinki finger.. forgot all about the '' fluid film "

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the gen 2 pontoons on my boosted nytro and i love them not so much diving on the front end anymore:eek:

marcush

Reaction score
do the gen 11 side hill easier than stock , would you say thay are the best ski for the nitro in most conditions?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like them. You don't even think about them. They are a little heavier to steer in the slow going on a tight trail through trees etc but general boondocking they are way better and the sled stays up on the snow much better.

Picture134.jpg

Top Bottom