short track vs long tracks

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would be the best track for a little bit of mountain riding and a fair amount of ditch banging and trail riding? not sure what kind of sled yet but probaly a cat late 90's early 2000 maybe a zr800 or firecat unless i can find a thundercat:d nothing like big power. what would be the best size track for this kind of riding short track with big lug or something like a 144 with a 1.5 lug.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would be the best track for a little bit of mountain riding and a fair amount of ditch banging and trail riding? not sure what kind of sled yet but probaly a cat late 90's early 2000 maybe a zr800 or firecat unless i can find a thundercat:d nothing like big power. what would be the best size track for this kind of riding short track with big lug or something like a 144 with a 1.5 lug.

well it starts in the Ditch but once ya taste the pow its game on.... a 144 with 1.5 or 2 lug would work great all around IMO.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of what i was thinking my last sled was a 1997 zr580efi with a 136 I live about a hour form power king in chetwynd so I may do more mountain riding once i have a sled that is capable of it the old 580 just didnt do it in the mountain.

Misfit

Reaction score
I ride a 136X2 rev race chassis with an 800 in valemount and mcbride. Everybody tells me to go longer but you know what, asside from bottomless days I have no problems at all and I can throw my sled around easily. At this point in my life where im not at all concerned about out climbing the next guy, a shorty is way fun.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 136X2 rev race chassis with an 800 in valemount and mcbride. Everybody tells me to go longer but you know what, asside from bottomless days I have no problems at all and I can throw my sled around easily. At this point in my life where im not at all concerned about out climbing the next guy, a shorty is way fun.

I agree, the 136" is way nicer to throw around and way easier to turn. Out here in Sask.we do a lot more ditch bang`n than hill climbing....

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When it runs.........:rolleyes::p:nono::eek::beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Not so many years ago the 136" x 2" track was a Mountain Tamer...now it's a short track.
Many riders have gone backwards from the 159+ tracks to the 151 for the FUN FACTOR. It's really about the riding style you have.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like a 136 buddy has one on his 600 summit, he is looking at selling his wifes M5 with a 144 on it mint shape its a 2005 I belive with about 500kms I can get it for aroung the 4500. Not huge power but it side hills nicely as I rode it last year with a few mods it should wake up:d not sure if I wanr carb or look for a efi machine.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After converting my 121 ZR to a 136 and buying the 136 Crossfire I am not even sure why the manufacturers even make 121's. My 800 136 with a 1.6 track does real well in most conditions. The Crossfire 600 136 with a 1.5 has even performed well in the deep of Fernie.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mavrick,you will want a 151. I drive up to PK from Edmonton. You will be hooked when you start riding out there. The all out climbing is there, but the boondocking is second to none. See you out there.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 151 is to much track for ditch banging which is half of my riding but a 144 will do both I love to climb on dirt bike but not sure how high I will push a sled. may look at a snow hawk if i can find a deal and maybe test ride frist I know a dealer that maybe able to hook me up with a test ride:)

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy up in FSJ with a 600 Hawk. It is impressive what he can do with it. It will almost climb as well as the sleds. Could be a good choice.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The 144 is a good track thats what i run on the 800 i ride and it goes where i want to go, and i can keep up with the guys i ride with that have the big tracks :p

Top Bottom