Shopping for a new trailer

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I decided to upgrade my sled hauler. Nothing wrong with my MTI 3 place enclosed, wife just wanted a plusher, heated unit. I've been looking at several manufacturers, comparing cost, standard, and optional features. Yesterday I went to look at a 2015 TrailsWest RPM 28' Burandt trailer, and came away with a few observations..

- Quality of the build is almost non existent ( I looked at 4units) - poor door fit, welds not clean, rough cut on aluminum cabinets and benches, bonded walls not tight. I could see daylight on both ramp doors. - the MTI is in better condition after 4 years.

So, which trailer still offers a quality build? I will NOT consider an aluminum framed trailer, been down that road...

Thx in advance

PS - the 19' MTI will be for sale once I replace it for $5500

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine was looking into Legend trailers. He is a picky guy and he was impressed with the fit/finish. Said they seemed like they were well made.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you find one in california in the next month I can bring it back for you. I will be buying another and to haul boxes and some furniture back and selling it here when done.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try sending a PM to Firefly, he is the owner of Paradise Trailers. Anyone who has bought from him, has been extremely happy.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine was looking into Legend trailers. He is a picky guy and he was impressed with the fit/finish. Said they seemed like they were well made.

If I was buying a plush trailer I'd buy this in a heartbeat:
32 foot trails west trailer - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

I went barebones this time, but if I ever want the plush experience I'll be buying a used gooseneck that's decked out like those Burandts.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, after inspecting Trails West, Charmac, MTI, Royal, Continental and Mirage (along with a few others that I can't recall) - it was a tie between Charmac and Mirage - the Mirage won with it's 8" frame (Charmac was 6"). The build quality is good, picking it up this week (it's a combo car / sled hauler).

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Try sending a PM to Firefly, he is the owner of Paradise Trailers. Anyone who has bought from him, has been extremely happy.

Paradis Motorsports Trashy, not Paradise Trailers (that sends you to Paradise RV when you goooooogle it)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Paradis motor sports! Here's a reason why to buy from him.

Yesterday went to grab my trailer off of a job site it was stored on. I had pulled the ball coupler off when I left it there for security making it hard to steal. Super on that site somehow lost it. Checked around for a replacement but couldn't fine one that matched the bolt holes in my frame. Called Ron paradis. Even though he was out if town he had a family member meet me at his yard, pull a hitch coupler assembly off one of his new units and got me all fixed up!!!

That there my friends is customer service

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oneoldfart, What was your bad experience with the aluminum framed trailer and what kind of trailer was it?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply - I previously had a light open deck Neuman Sled Bed, and a 24' Featherlight. Both frames cracked (not overloaded) one at tongue joint to frame, other just above torsion axle mounts. Aluminum is nice in the sense it doesn't rust, but it also doesn't like to flex in cold temps - one of the reasons you'll never see an aluminum drilling rig (It was tried by PanCanadian once) - didn't work out well. I'll take the marginal weight increase and additional regular upkeep of a steel unit.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note I was told also if you purchase a steel frame with aluminum box on top isn't good either?
As we know steel and aluminum don't like one and other.
Seen some pics of siding pulled apart to look inside walls and not good after a few years.
All aluminum frame and box and everything good.

Top Bottom