shocks or syncrodrive

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 pro rmk cannot decide if i should fix my QD belt blowing problem or upgrade the WE shocks
thought?
i ride almost all trees and spend a few days a year in the renshaw.
last year i blew two belts and just noticed while getting geared up for the year that the QD belt i had on there is missing a couple teeth, so thats 750$ in belts in one season

GT500john

Reaction score
Have you check to see if the inner bearing has play in it? I took mine in and put stronger bolt and changed inner bearing. How hard is it to replace the q drive belt do you need the tools or can you slip it over? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix a PROBLEM or upgrade shocks that are totally FINE....hmmm I don't know man tuff call...lol

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya did the math$$$ syncro drive it is. i was thinking the new updated belt might help, but i have not bought the tools to change the belts so i best bail on the poo QD.
the bearing on the jack shaft was changed at the end of last season but there was nothing wrong

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya did the math$$$ syncro drive it is. i was thinking the new updated belt might help, but i have not bought the tools to change the belts so i best bail on the poo QD.
the bearing on the jack shaft was changed at the end of last season but there was nothing wrong

How about doing a test.
Seeing you blew 3 belts, see if the 14 belt fixes your problem first? Also heard you have to be a track tension nazi.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did read about the new belt.... i do not have confidence in it

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an extra TKI kit in stock. 2.25:1 gearing. $800 Spare belts only $100 Also I put a kit on my 14 and noticed that the bottom gear has a different part number now and it fits tighter on the shaft than my stock 13. Also the top bolt is longer now too and you need the updated 14 belt so even to bring yours up to 14 specs you will have to spend some money. Gearing down 10% should show huge gains not only in acceleration but drive belt life too.

Attachments

• Belt drive Polaris.jpg
    Belt drive Polaris.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 102

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did look at that kit but for the extra bucks i bought Canadian, hope it is here Wednesday

Top Bottom