Sensor in chain case cover

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the sensor thing out of the chain case cover? I'm coating mine and need to remove it for now but dont want to brake it.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never removed one but have changed them out. I just glued mine back in with black gasket silicone. I would think they would be pretty hard to remove with out damaging. The sensor is only $20 from bomby

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you've changed them but not removed? Was it already removed when you went to change it? I worried about damaging the black plastic cover as its pretty hard to pry out. According to the manual it looks like you have to replace the whole cover if the sensor is buggered as they dont show the sensor itself.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've replaced the chain case last spring. The sensor is a separate part from
The chain case cover.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the sensor you just installed with silicone, and the cover? Did you just install that with silicone aswell?

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll probably end up wrecking the sensor when you remove the old one. The new one will sit in there like a puzzle piece. On skidoo parts page it sais that it's glued in with loctite5900 which is pretty much black gasket silicone. The cover has a large o ring kind of gasket no need to silicone. I replace my gasket once a year.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, Yes I know the chain case cover has on o ring as the seal, I was talking about the plastic on the outside of the cover with the wires, I thought this was a cover over the sensor but is obviously the sensor itself.

Thanks again.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u should be able to pry it off with out wrecking it,they r cheap though,had to buy one when my c3 belt drive was giving me issues,and had to finish the season with the chain and gears..but not for long...

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So some localized heat applied with a heat gun and the sensor basically pops out without damage. Saved $22. for future reference.

Top Bottom