secondary setup

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 94 700 zr and am wondering if adjusting the secondary would kinda gear it down? i'm trying to drop top end speed and get more bottom end grunt as my kid rides it.
I changed the primary spring from red to green/yellow. this changed the engagement to approx 4300 rpm & dropped the top end from around 100 to 80 and it is still revving approx 8K which i'm good with.
I know a little less than nothing about setting up a secondary clutch so any help would be greatly appreciated.:beer:

koby

Arctic37

Reaction score
Make sure you mark everything before taking it apart to get all the parts back in their original position. Moving the spring into the holes going to the right will put more tension on the spring which causes it to upshift faster and you will lose top end but you have to careful about over-reving the engine. Going over 8000 rpm for a long period of time could cause bad things to happen. :crying3: Those early ZR's from what I've read had problems with the bottom end, breaking rods and bad things like that. Good luck hope this helps.

local legend

Reaction score
koby, your speed will not change much if any buy swappping springs, helixs, or adding and subtracting twist. the gearing and rpms determine how fast its gonna go......the helix and springs tell it how fast to ch!t in order to get there. you could build a simple throttle stop and keep hm out of the pipe....but jet it up in the mid or expect trouble.

Arctic37

Reaction score
Thank you........I could increase primary weight and drop rpm's. I don't have a book for this sled. Anyone know the recommended rpm's

I don't know what they are for the ZR, but a Wildcat 700 in the same year they recommend 8100-8300 peak.

Top Bottom