Seal kit for 03 Kodiak 400 front diff?

X

XtremaDiesel

Ive got a 2003 Kodiak 400 and just recently the seal where the direct driveshaft enters the diff has begun to leak and I was wondring if anyone knows of a kit out there for it, or if I just need to go to a dealership and get them to order all of the seals for that section of the differential

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think that one should be able to just replace the seal by pulling off the yoke. I would go down to a dealer and ask them I am pretty sure it should be no big deal.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get each seal you need individually through your dealer or buy a kit from several aftermarket guys. I am sure I have a kit on the wall.

Remove front wheels, remove front right lower arm after removing bearing carrier, remove bolts hold diff to the frame, remove diff while leaving drive shaft in engine. Pop the seal out and install the new one. Reverse for assembly. Some yamahas (I don't remember on the 03 kod.) are built where the front lower control arm bolt is a PITA to remove; you might have to remove the front bumper.

Before you start, make sure you don't have grass caught in the seal.

X

XtremaDiesel

Well thanks for the tips both of you. I went and picked up the seal already, I just need to find time off school to get home and change it out!

Top Bottom