Saskatoon

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is for riding but anyone else just fricking hate saskatoon now? Every year since the boom its added 10 minutes to my commute! Living in the areas off of attridge is a damn joke.

Wife and I are wanting to build a house and the lot we like is $220,000 FOR DIRT. City is worried that no one will be able to afford houses but they rape you on land. Then you have crazy high taxes and only one **** road to get to and from work? They did this for Stonebridge, Hampton, Willowgrove/Evergreen. Its rediculous to drive 40 minutes from Willowgrove to Millar Ave at 5-10km/h bumper to bumper.

If i didnt own a business here i would move in a heart beat......

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could just get up earlier? I got no issues from 430 till 630 it's acctually quiet. I bet it still beats the commute from martensville, where everyone is trying to kill themselves to be first into Saskatoon just to sit at marquis drive.

gdvross

Reaction score
I have lived in Erindale for 25 years and commute to our business on Thatcher,if I get on Attridge by 6.50am the traffic is heavy enough but moving good enough most days.Now that Marquis is open across the north end helps as far as i'm concerned, the way the north end traffic flow was designed is a disaster by people that wanted to keep Saskatoon as small as they could and we are paying for it now.Lets keep Saskatoon and Saskatchewan growing and good luck.

SKDeuce

Reaction score
Don't worry, the city will have that commuter bridge built sometime in the next 5-20 years!:rolleyes:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quit complaining. if it takes you 40 min. to get to work then leave 10 min. earlier. I've been hear over 30 years and can get from one side to the other in 20 min. Great city and absolutely no complaints.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just leave 10 minutes earlier hey? Wow thanks for the ****ing magic fix to all my problems.

How about the accident on friday that made my self and two others i work with that live in my areas drives an hour and 20 minutes.

I work 8 to 5. No acceptions.

****ing brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just leave 10 minutes earlier hey? Wow thanks for the ****ing magic fix to all my problems.

How about the accident on friday that made my self and two others i work with that live in my areas drives an hour and 20 minutes.

I work 8 to 5. No acceptions.

****ing brilliant

Sounds like you need a vacation ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Last edited by a moderator:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a vacation ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Hahah, no Saskatoon need to pull it's head out of it's azz and learn to flow traffic properly. I'm with Sledneck on this one, I avoid driving in stoon 7-10 am and from about 4-7pm and have been doing this for years. However it's a lot easier for me not living or working there. The odd time I get caught in rush hour and I think to myself... I wouldn't be able to handle this level of stupidity on a daily basis.

Worked a few winters in Edmonton and there is no shortage traffic there but it moves at least and people have half a clue how to drive.

Another problem stoon has is when there is an accident traffic gets so congested that the damn clean up crew can't even get to the scene.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Wait it gets worse the Philippinos move in take over all the service industry customer service goes for s**t everywhere and no one cares because you will always come back. Then after that good luck getting into a movie theatre, hockey game, concert, campground etc everyone is rich and has lots of disposable income. Then after that they take over all the hospitals, dr clinics, labs etc

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I'm only here for school, but I also agree. I try to avoid the peak times as much as possible. Sometimes I wonder about bringing the cat from home with an angle blade and having some fun.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toooo late Murminator, they are buying businesses up left right and center then bring in their families to work, and you're certainly right about the customer service going down the chitter.

Hahha yes sir Megrizzly, D6 with a 6 way would sure make it a fun tour to work/school.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I moved to Regina..it's way better here....haha...

Joking aside..I went to school in Saskatoon in the early 2000's. The traffic change from then until now is crazy. I now only come up for meetings and weekend trips (heavy traffic times) and swear at traffic everytime I go through. City infrastructure was never built for this level of traffic. Both cities are similar. Hwy 1 or 46 coming from the East at 7-730 is terrible. Whoever designed Quance St here should be banished.

Top Bottom