Saskatoon sneek peek

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Cat section but it also applies to the Poo section so...

Well...here's my report from the Saskatoon Sneek Peek. I went to the show with a good friend who is a die hard Cat fan (4 sleds including M8's). He loves his cats and is a serious mountain rider.We were both wanting to check out the new Cats. I am a Polaris dude but appreciate other brands new technology and improvements and also was very interested in the new cats.

My freind and I are details person so when he checked out the details of the new Cat's I was surprised that he was very disappointed. He was totally turned off.
Far too many riveted connections that are weak points and over time can allow the joined sections to loosen up (especially on tunnels and bulkheads) been there on cats myself.
Access to work on/inside the sleds engine compartment was our major downer.
Paint was deplorable. (When you are trying to sell a product would you not put your best foot forward and show the product at it's best. Hope this is not what buyers are getting.)
Very unclean busy tunnel.
Saddle comfort...well sit on a Poo and you'll know what a seat shape should be for the sled's intended use. Ugly saddles.
Unfinished look...Taillights with ugly metal brackets and instrument console same. Weight...they had the numbers at the show. M8 470 lbs in comparison to Poos PRO RMK 431lbs. We lifted both front and rear and boy was it noticable. I had better stop here.
Although my Cat friend was very turned off and a I agree with his points of concern I think Cat has a much better looking and likely performing sled than the past... and as my friend loves his M8 for handling these would likely be even better.
On another note when he checked out the Poos (not paying attention to the new Poos in the past as he is a die hard Cat fan) he found all his negative issues with the new Cats none existant with the Poo. I think he is falling in love with a new brand. He was very impressed with the Poos.
My verdict...Cat's engineering mindset is not much better than the 91 EXT special I once owned. Lots of rivets (that failed). I would only buy one if Poo went out of buisness or lost their design/engineering culture as they did in 05.
My friends verdict...you allready know how he feels.
As for Doo...Hate the XP looks (none existant styling to me), Great engine technology but not realiable enough in the 3000 mile range. Just my experience and opinions. Far too expensive and parts are stupid price.
Yami...At the show there were large crouds around all brands but Yamaha. Not sure why they even bothered to show up. Try to lift one. Nough said.
Choose wisely.;)

Top Bottom