Sale, Griffin, Hall???

Lynn

Reaction score
On our way to Revy and we are hoping to see some new areas this trip. We have ridden Boulder, Frisby & Keystone in the past. Thinking maybe Sale, Grifffin, Hall or Area 51. I realize these areas are not groomed, but are they all accessible right now, well marked, etc? What about avy exposure? Just myself and hubby riding so we don't want to get into any trouble given the current avy conditions. Any suggestions?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Sale IMO Griffen and Hall aren't marked at all and 51 lots of Avy's right now.

Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks. Turtle is high avy risk, right?

Lynn

Reaction score
Don't go into the caribou closures at sale please, looks inviting and it is, but just wait till April 16 th

No worries here, we totally understand the issues with trying to keep the riding areas open.

Lynn

Reaction score
Try Sale IMO Griffen and Hall aren't marked at all and 51 lots of Avy's right now.

How many km up into Sale? Won't make it to unload until about noon tomorrow. Is it well marked off the highway? I imagine we'd be driving up a bit to unload?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sale is a great area when avy risks are high lots of rolling meadows and trees easy access you cant miss the sign and the shed on the side of the road also riding from the road which is nice. I think 51 has a decent amount of safe areas but also a lot of big terrain, it is probably one of the lesser signed areas lots of y's in the road and even if you get to the cutblock if there is fresh snow finding the trail through the trees to the alpine is not always easy either, it is one of my favorite places to ride but even after riding is so many times id have a tuff time describing a perfect map for ya all I can say is follow the paint lake signs. We were there last week it was plowed up 18km on the trail. Never cared much for griffin my experience was it has less alpine than Sale, Joss(same parking lot as griffin) has been so socked in every time we go to it that its also hard to comment you have to do a large pull up an avy prone area to get into it probably best to stay away as well. I've always liked Keystone as its a large area lots of slide potential there too.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many km up into Sale? Won't make it to unload until about noon tomorrow. Is it well marked off the highway? I imagine we'd be driving up a bit to unload?

Its Not marked that well, but there is a big shed right beside the main trail where you unload.(right on the side of hiway 23) Short trail up
10k's maybe 15. Parking is right off the hiway right now.

Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The sun came out and we had a good afternoon on Sale yesterday.

Lynn

Reaction score
The trail was decent. We unloaded close to the highway, but unloading will be moving up the trail with the rain. Sounds like it's a good road, so I'm thinking it will be fine to drive up and unload once the closures open.

Lynn

Reaction score
We also rode Griffin one day, but had someone with us that knew the area. I would definitely go back, but I agree, we wouldn't have found nearly as much area to ride if we were by ourselves.

Yes very high. Griffen would be a good place to go, but you might get lost.
If you think you could find your way around ok, you could try it too.

Top Bottom