Reaction score
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
This needs to be brought back to the top. Closure remains in effect Mon.-Fri. EVERYONE !!!!!!!
We are having complaints and it is a huge safety concern.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for those new to the area, the other thing to remember about Sale is that you turn off the road just past the 5 km sign. There is nothing to indicate the trail starts there so we ended up going up the logging road until a forestry landing. By then, the road was pretty much gravel.

Had a great time in the area as hardly anyone goes there and it can be a lot of fun.

a video of some playing in Sale and Frisby at:

[media]http://vimeo.com/3375189[/media]

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Revy this weekend for the first time. What areas do these roads access so we know?

Usually ride south and Golden.

Thanks for the help.

BTW, nice vid Knee Deep. Looks like you enjoy going into those hairy areas. Fun times till you get stuck! haha.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road accesses the "Sale Mountain" area. From what I have heard, it is a smaller area than others, and it is currently only open on the weekends. It is 18Km north of Revelstoke on hwy 23 (past the dam). If you want to drive 50Km north of town instead, you will hit Keystone & Standard Basin, which is much bigger. I'm not sure the trail conditions since the latest snowfall, but it was VERY nasty on Feb 21. The snow was well worth the bumps though, and we met Randy Swenson.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking for directions so if you want to delete your directions go ahead. I was just asking the areas as we plan on doing the normal Frisby / Boulder I think.

Thanks anyways for the help! I'd hate to drive all that way and run into a road closure! I know how those trucks drive!

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the group of guys and one girl that were up at Sale today (pretty much all on Arctic Cats). You know who you are if you read this. The caribou closure is there for a reason and it needs to be respected if you enjoy riding in these areas then listen to the signs - it only takes a few to ruin it for everybody. I live here, you are a visitor. Respect the closure and we will all continue to enjoy the great riding the area has to offer.
Next time i'll be posting pictures of you so everyone knows who you are.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree..we are getting increasing pressure to close more areas particularly Caribou areas....on another note nothpow make sure you remember that you are also a visitor to that wilderness area... being a local gives you no more right to the area than people that do not live there...I agree with what you say without that local comment..

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree..we are getting increasing pressure to close more areas particularly Caribou areas....on another note nothpow make sure you remember that you are also a visitor to that wilderness area... being a local gives you no more right to the area than people that do not live there...I agree with what you say without that local comment..

I agree with northpow. I think what he is saying about living there vs visitor, is that these closure affect the local economy. We sledders tend to spend a lot of money in these places and with the closures no sledders no money.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt have my camera with me but look for a guy on an arctic cat that has a green mohawk attached to his helmet it was him and his crew of people!! Give em ch!t if ya see them!!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post pic's ,take names ,plates#.do whatever it take to expose these losers.No respect for the sport!

good job north pow.get them next time,its these peeps that are going to ruin it...

Top Bottom