Rzr xp skid plate

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought an aluminum skid plate for my xp but i want it to be black just for the looks. I know you dont really see it but i want it to be black anyways. Also now im thinking that there will be alot of rock noise when pinning her down a gravel road or what not. So i was thinking of buying undercoat spray in black and spraying that on. Anyone done this? And what prep work to the aluminum would i have to do? Also may this be just a big mistake cause it will cause friction when sliding over trees and rocks, and perhaps do more damage than anything?

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rivet black puck board to the skid plate. If you trim it nice and seal the edges with epoxy you wont have to worry about trapping extra mud, you get your colour, and it doesnt seem like it would make that big of a difference but I swear by plastic skid plates when tryin to crawl through nasty ruts. Not night and day but sometimes that little extra slide is enough to get ya through.

SASK_TDI

Reaction score
I made a full skid plate for my '10 RZR LE out of 3/8th inch uhmw plastic. it is super strong (it is used to line dump trucks amoung other things) and slides over things really easily. I used a full 4x10 sheet and made 2 skids and sold the other one.

If you are going to stick with the aluminum skid, I would be tempted to attach a thin layer of puck board.

Top Bottom