RZR Armour what to buy

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, looking to get some added protection for the new rzr. Was thinking skid plate or rock sliders and front bumper / bush guard. What is everyone using and any suggestions on what will work. Just looking to protect the plastic and undercarriage from rocks and stumps.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions, is the skid plate worth the coin or just go with A-arm protectors. This is my first side by side / atv so looking for suggestions.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions, is the skid plate worth the coin or just go with A-arm protectors. This is my first side by side / atv so looking for suggestions.

I can't tell you how the rzr is going to stand up with the stock plastic skids yet but I can tell you I left the plastic on my Rhino and had no issues. I'm going to leave the plastic on my rzr as is. A arm guards are a must IMO.

Albertan

Reaction score
So, looking to get some added protection for the new rzr. Was thinking skid plate or rock sliders and front bumper / bush guard. What is everyone using and any suggestions on what will work. Just looking to protect the plastic and undercarriage from rocks and stumps.

UHMW skids, including trailing arm sliders, with A-arm gaurds and rock sliders would be the ticket for most. I think I read somewhere you had an XP...

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I agree the a arms need to be covered , i have the full front to back alum skids. It holds alittle skeg and mud but well worth it , i think .

SASK_TDI

Reaction score
I made my own UHMW plastic skid (actually two of them) out of a 4x10 piece.

It sticks out about an in on each side of the rzr and kinda acts like rock sliders.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put on a arm protectors from EMP. Easy Install. good protection and decent price.
Makes a racket when you get on the gravel stretches.
The skid plate was a dilema for me as well. I have more of a complaint about how much mud and dirt gets caught in the bottom. Takes some effort and time to clean out properly.
I have also looked at tank protectors.
Most are cheap parts, just seems Polaris left this machine a little too unprotected to be rugged enough for my kind of riding.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am ordering the EMP front and rear a-arm guards tomorrow. Think I will forgo the skid plate and spend the money on getting some extra clearance instead. Picked up a pre-runner front bumper from cycle works yesterday as well.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but A arm guards cause more damage than they stop....They trap too many things in the gaurd that rub against the boot/cv . The stock cheap plastic ones onthe rzr are all you need, but that s just me...

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost one of the plastic pieces of crap on the first ride. Think for the price I'll try out the guards. I'd rather clean the mud out of them than have to replace a CV boot or axle. They are pretty exposed.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL Not only mud gets in them but sticks rocks etc, THAT is what tears boots....I used to guard all my machines ,i stopped after i realized what was happening and always had torn boots, have not torn a boot since....so i will take my chances, i guess.

This is on many s/s `s and over 18 atvs......Not trying to be a smart ass, but this is my findings over many years.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think your a smart ass. Feedback is almost always good, helps to have as much real world info as possible, Still decided to order the EMP Cv-boot guards / a arm protectors. I'll see how the work and if they become an issue I can pull them off again. I just don't like how exposed the arms and cv boots are on my 2011. They are the first thing to take a hit every time

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but A arm guards cause more damage than they stop....They trap too many things in the gaurd that rub against the boot/cv . The stock cheap plastic ones onthe rzr are all you need, but that s just me...

Just to add to this. My wifes rzr has been every place my quad has been.
Only thing we added was a front brush guard because she is a tree magnet:eek::eek:

All stock skid plate and axle covers..

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on rzrs by any means but my buddy just bought a rzr s and after looking it over I noticed there is a lot of exposed plastic on the rear of the machine...I think a rear bumper/brushguard would be a good investment if you spend any time in the trees. Pretty easy to back into something or have someone rear-end you out there.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody rear ends me again on a trial. They will be picking some teath up off the ground. My machine does not have a push bar and you are not a d9 cat so don't touch my machine. I hate nothing mor than a guy coming up behind me and pushing me or smacking into me. This is my warning/rant, don't bump into me.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on rzrs by any means but my buddy just bought a rzr s and after looking it over I noticed there is a lot of exposed plastic on the rear of the machine...I think a rear bumper/brushguard would be a good investment if you spend any time in the trees. Pretty easy to back into something or have someone rear-end you out there.

Yup I agree with this. Cost of a rear bumper is cheap insurance me thinks.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody rear ends me again on a trial. They will be picking some teath up off the ground. My machine does not have a push bar and you are not a d9 cat so don't touch my machine. I hate nothing mor than a guy coming up behind me and pushing me or smacking into me. This is my warning/rant, don't bump into me.

Message read and understood. ;)

I bought a 80k jet boat several years ago. I took it back to the builder a couple weeks after having it for some issues. I was telling him about the meat heads on the river who just kinda plow into your boat, put a small dent in it and don't say nothing. He laughed and said it's unbelievable how many people will take a boat worth that much money and go out on the river and run into others or have others run into them and everyone just shrugs and off they go. He said if you put one little dent in someones car bumper they want to sue and fight and get nasty right then and there. I guess it's just strange how people get different mentalities with different modes of transport. :d

Top Bottom