running board gettin soft

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running boards on the ol 01 doo are getting flimsy, put a set of snow elminators on and about 3 rides later they flex alot and the running boards have a slight u curve to them, any help to get them straightened out and stiff???
thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running boards on the ol 01 doo are getting flimsy, put a set of snow elminators on and about 3 rides later they flex alot and the running boards have a slight u curve to them, any help to get them straightened out and stiff???
thanks

Use a big pipe wrench or crescent wrench and straighten then up, we made a bar one time that worked great, let me know if you have access to a welder and I can tell you how to make one, otherwise you can do it with a pipe wrench, put cloth or tape on the teeth so that you don't knurl the running board edges. Once they are straight again, get some running board brace brackets from Ski Doo (available in the race catalogue) or from Specialty and you're boards won't sag nearly as bad.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a big pipe wrench or crescent wrench and straighten then up, we made a bar one time that worked great, let me know if you have access to a welder and I can tell you how to make one, otherwise you can do it with a pipe wrench, put cloth or tape on the teeth so that you don't knurl the running board edges. Once they are straight again, get some running board brace brackets from Ski Doo (available in the race catalogue) or from Specialty and you're boards won't sag nearly as bad.

are the braces compatible with snow eliminaotors on?

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dout it I have specialty stiffiners I don't think they would work but maby with a bit of moddin

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't know but anything can be made to work. You could add a brace closer up to the tunnel to avoid a lot of the flexing or you can get extruded aluminum that runs down the side of the edge and adds more strength. There is a guy in Edmonton that makes them, goes by the name of Marcuso on Snowest, PM him and see if he is still making them.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Macuso isn't making them anymre. I asked... maybe even begged. He did give me advice and I followed it.

I bought Arctic cat extrusions from an 08 M8 and they fit right on in place of the doo extrusions (rolled edge). there is a notch in them for the bend in the right place and you have to cut the excess off the back.

The cat extrusions are about 1/2 the price of the doo ones, 2x stronger and 2x as grippy.

I have better boards sitting on my bench that I haven't put on yet. So far no bending with only the cat edges... I'm not sure how long I can hold out before I but the BB's on.

Top Bottom