Rubbing it in my own face.. Whose been out?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen tons of bikes out in Calgary. Everything from the custom choppers to the streched out gay streetbikes. (I own a streetbike).

Figured I'd ask who's been out and how did they enjoy the ride? I heard my neighbor warming up his SV1000 this morning to go to work.

The Aprilia remains in the garage under it's cover till:
a) I have time to work on it.,
b) It warms up and the streets become cleaner

Till then I'll ride the KTM when the frozen ground thaws. Been out once and that ended up with somebody in the hospital with 19 titanium plates in his face...

Still makes me a little envious of the the people out riding with every other rider and pedestrian bending their necks.

I miss the days I eagerly awaited the first day I can get the wheels turning. Now it's more of when I have time or get a chance.. =(

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been out a few times for fun, and 3 days commuting to work.... i ride to work when the weather co-operates as it is a way better option than taking transit, or driving my truck.

truck - $23 in parking + $10 in gas
transit - $5.50 fare + dirty/annoying people
bike - free parking + $2 in gas (plus it is faster and way more fun than any other option)
(cost shown per day)

i've found the roads good actually. i'm close to a major road so all the rocks have been pushed to the sides and have had no issues.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...been out 4 or 5 times....down 22...turn right on 549..then do 762 a few times then head home.....thats my route on the 10R...:)

762 is very clean......

My dirtbikes are out of the basement too......I have been out at the track its been open for a while......

disappointed to have to put the sled away so soon though....I'm sure you guys can attest to that......

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The streets in Red Deer, still a little bit covered in pebbles, but lots of people have been out rippin it... As I can hear from my house.... Don't think the ol' 9R really needs the chance to flip my azz off it this soon in the season, still have sledding on the brain for some reason!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First things first !!!!! I'am a self proclaimed geek !! I went out on Tuesday and bought ............ a scooter !!!:eek: AND I love it !!! Drove down to Calgary and bought a '08 Yamaha BWS 50. Took it for a rip around the neighbourhood and down the road this afternoon and man what a blast ! :woohoo1:
I bought for going back and forth to work (about 10 miles) and for just running around town, or taking it camping, and for just plain all around fun. A brochure from Yamaha says it should get 148 mpg. but on the "net", guys say they get more like 80-90 mpg.(So it's all good)
My wife or daughter can drive it too went she needs it, too.(hopefully not to much as I enjoy riding it) . Will keep you posted thru out the summer as to how much I enjoy it !!
Peace Out !!!
Scooters Rule !!!
Bullseye
:awesome_dude:

hintonite

Reaction score
Took the wifes ninja out the other day for a little rip. Fun little bike. Cant wait to pull out the cruiser!

Top Bottom