RPM's BOG- Clutching Will DJ kit Fix this?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Renegade 800 23/45 Gearing

I have a 141x2.25x15 Track on it.

I was out riding today and was playing in the drifts and found that in some of the setup snow it seemed like it was boggy could only get 7500rpm Bet the next time get 8000Rpm.

Its almost like its not backshifting enough.

What could cause this problem. Will a DJ Summit kit fix this?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the sled again and it seems too be only Clutching as i can get 8300rpm in the fields , When i turn the Clicker up it gets 8200 on clicker 5 in this setup snow, but in the field it will hit the rev limiter.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your hose connection on the rave valves, they are tied on with a zip tie and can leak under vacuum causing the valves to fail. Safety wire the hose on to be sure, i had the same problem with the bog, dissappeared after i safety wired the hoses.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check that out as well. It seems to do alright in all other snow only in the Setup snow like the snow that is plowed into the ditch from the grater and sat for a couple days.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be lack of lubrication on the sliderss as they start to melt slowly they increase the resistance on the track and turn it onto the clutches which brings down your rpm.

otherwise pull apart the primary could have a bushing out or 100 other possible things.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be lack of lubrication on the sliderss as they start to melt slowly they increase the resistance on the track and turn it onto the clutches which brings down your rpm.

otherwise pull apart the primary could have a bushing out or 100 other possible things.

I guess my question is should the sled Backshift enough to Hit and Hold the RPMS at 8100rpm No matter the quality of snow? Seems in the fluffy stuff to hit 8100 right away without problem but in the setup hits 7500 and slowly increases. In the flats it accelerates hard and holds 8100 to 8300 no problem.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is should the sled Backshift enough to Hit and Hold the RPMS at 8100rpm No matter the quality of snow? Seems in the fluffy stuff to hit 8100 right away without problem but in the setup hits 7500 and slowly increases. In the flats it accelerates hard and holds 8100 to 8300 no problem.

I got that too, seems like that happens if I let off the throttle then pin it right away. But if I let off the throttle for a few seconds then pin it, it will go back up to max rpm. I got DJ's mountian kit too...

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got that too, seems like that happens if I let off the throttle then pin it right away. But if I let off the throttle for a few seconds then pin it, it will go back up to max rpm. I got DJ's mountian kit too...

Ya that seemsto be what its like of if you pin it in the powder it will hit 8100 but if you hit a frozen track the RPM drop to 7500 and then pull back up to 8100

I have no Clutch kit.

Top Bottom