rough rzr

zeke

Reaction score
Ive got a 09 rzr800 starts ok but will not idle or rev out under load.
Checked out plugs and wires and throttle body was very dirty. looks like the filter hose clamp came loose.
cleaned and sprayed in a bit of carb cleaner. runs about the same.
any more suggestions would be appriciated.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs a top end rebuild.........................

good call neville, but i'm thinkin it's only a start as the oil flows throughout the motor and more than likely a new motor is in order. those dam husangs are at it again eh.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your spark arrester. Take it our and go for a drive.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take the throttle body off completely and clean all parts and the little hose on the bottom do not loose the little retainer that holds the cable on a little brass clip, put throttle body back on and adjust the cable on the throttle body by turning the adjuster there should be about 1/8 play in your gas pedal mine did that after running a k&n filter in a very dusty ride plugged it up and then sucked the oil in the throttle body because it is set from the factory the idle cannot be set with a adjuster screw only with the cable but if it is clean that should not be needed idle should be around 1250-1300 rpms

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your filter was bypassed by dirty air/sand /grit because the clamp/boot came off,it needs a hone and new pistons rings. Because of where air box is located,if the clamp/boot/filter isloose you are sucking all the dirt from the rear tire area. As little as 50 miles in the right conditions can dust the motor.............On mine i snorkeled it, did away with the air box and run a UNI filter with a k+n prefilter.
Located behind the top of front seats ,never get dirty air their..............................

Top Bottom