Rough loud drivetrain

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's up but this 16 2.6 163 is super loud coasting at slow speeds, sound is hard to describe but I can also feel it in my feet. Others can hear a gearish type noise when I ride by (stock can). Don't remember my 13 being this loud or rough

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's up but this 16 2.6 163 is super loud coasting at slow speeds, sound is hard to describe but I can also feel it in my feet. Others can hear a gearish type noise when I ride by (stock can). Don't remember my 13 being this loud or rough

It is likely the track contacting the front of the rails. My Axys and the other Axys in the group that has the same track configuration is bad for this as well. If you are really worried about it install an anti stab kit or if you don't mind reducing your ski lift or want to see if this is the issue without spending any money tighten your limiter strap.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did look at the track, but it seams to me is the assault never did it why would the pro? There skid is pushed down even further

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a post regarding this issue I found on snowest:

Not sure if this will help but a group of us went to Wolf Creek Co. last week and 2 of the 3 Axys 155 when you would let off the gas or hit brakes going down hill would make a nasty sound like the chain was loose and grinding, but would not do it under acceleration. We called our dealer and he said there was a memo from polaris to tighten the track that the track deflection would hit the bulk head. We did that and the noise was gone. The 3 in tracks have to run tighter than the 2.6 because of lack room.

After I tightened up my limiter strap I tensioned the track up more (I'm running a turbo and usually set track tension tighter than spec). I assumed changing the contact angle of the skid was the cure of the issue, but according to this it was a tension issue. Worth a try.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i noticed the same thing while coasting down hills. tightened up my track a couple times and the noise has been gone ever since. I only have the 2.6" track.

Top Bottom