Rotating housing aerocharger

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I want to rotate the I take side housing on my aerocharger, the orientation it's in right now is hard to work with, I'm changing my exhaust and want to know if I can rotate the intake housing by loosening the v band nut and then retorqueing it after.

Also one other question when did the m8 change the throttle body bore/spacing from the relative m7 and early m8 throttlebodies?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There's nothing that I can screw up for tolerances or anything by rotating the intake side? Nothing for the vanes or turbine/compressor/shafts or the oil wicks that feed the bearings with oil?

Aerocharger_jerry

Reaction score
We wouldn't recommend it. The oil wicking should be fine, but there's a chance of binding up the control rod and/or dumping the bearings. Call the office and ask for Chris the turbo tech for more info on what to watch for - 913-829-3400. Our service techs can make the adjustment for you if you like, it'd be fairly quick and inexpensive to get it done as it wouldn't require a teardown.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
We wouldn't recommend it. The oil wicking should be fine, but there's a chance of binding up the control rod and/or dumping the bearings. Call the office and ask for Chris the turbo tech for more info on what to watch for - 913-829-3400. Our service techs can make the adjustment for you if you like, it'd be fairly quick and inexpensive to get it done as it wouldn't require a teardown.
tried to call but you guys are closed, working nights right now so I will try another time. For rotating it probably best to loosen the vband clamp, hold the top housing down so the bearings don't displace?

Top Bottom