Ron Woods Exhaust ???

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Anyone running a Ron Woods system on there Outty or Gade? How is it working out? Are you guy's having any heat buildup issues and which chip are you using? I bought a TFI chip for my new 800 and was going to install the HMF pipe, which I haven't bought yet, but now I'm looking at the full Ron Woods setup with the different air intake and I'll return the TFI chip before I open it if I don't need it. What other goodies are you guy's installing on these machines to turn them into kitty killers? other than clutch kit, air cleaner. :confused:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
WELDOR has the full custom neils power pipe on his renegade x and it sounds nice. those twins sure get a good rumble going. i think it was very reasonable too compared to the woods. you should pm him or maybe he will post here. anyway he doesnt have a tonne of stuff done and it rips with the sporties.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has the Ron Woods on his Renegad.It's really loud.How ever if you manage to break the tip off of the exhaust like my buddy did,it will cost you a whole new exhaust system.Ron woods does not sell the parts seperatly.So it can get pretty expensive if you break something so simple.

sgw78

Reaction score
I have the full system and love it. It's not that loud and it did make difference. You should get the Woods programmer as well. I have the Powwercommander 3 and it works awsome but I had to get a custom map as were the Woods one comes loaded with the proper map.

Well worth it and don't let anyone convince you that it would be too loud. :nono:

Everyone I ride with says it sounds awsome.:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have the full system and love it. It's not that loud and it did make difference. You should get the Woods programmer as well. I have the Powwercommander 3 and it works awsome but I had to get a custom map as were the Woods one comes loaded with the proper map.

Well worth it and don't let anyone convince you that it would be too loud. :nono:

Everone I ride with says it sounds awsome.:d

Thanks and welcome to the site sgw78. Where did you buy your setup?

sgw78

Reaction score
Wetaskiwin Motorsports.
780-352-5408
Ask for Larry he is the Service Manager.
Tell him Steve from Lacombe gave you the info.
Either he knocks something off or on depending if he is mad at me.:p

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
WELDOR has the full custom neils power pipe on his renegade x and it sounds nice. those twins sure get a good rumble going. i think it was very reasonable too compared to the woods. you should pm him or maybe he will post here. anyway he doesnt have a tonne of stuff done and it rips with the sporties.

got a link for that pipe??

weldor

Reaction score
Thanks Plumbum!!! I got the custom NPP pipe. It is a slip on and that's all I have done to it so far. Contact Neil, he is a super nice guy and knows his stuff. I am undecided if I am going to get a Power commander, or a Boocdocker chip. I am almost leaning towards the boondocker kit as I can run nitrous later if I want. I sure would like to walk all over the 450's and Raptors later on since I am pretty close right now!

Waters

Reaction score
I jumped the gun and got the HMF Pipe and Chip... Then the Ron Woods Dual exhaust was available. I rode with two guys (both Outlander 800s), one has the Luney Tunes (Gay name but a great product!). Both quads have impresive power gains and sound great.
Mine sounded great (I'm getting the engine re-built... long story) but initaily had some minor power gains that fluctuated, the chip was very hard to navigate. I then had the chip replaced with the Dynatech programer which is easy to adjust, just haven't had the time to play with.
You can check out Luney Tunes @

http://quadworx.com/storefront/inde...art&page=shop.browse&category_id=25&Itemid=26

It's a local company out of Wetaskiwin. I'm also interested in the Ron Woods exhaust... Hint Hint... I'll sell you my HMF Pipe for a good price. I want the full dual exhaust. It' easier to install now that the engines all apart.

P.S. If you want the mac Daddy. Call Larry @ Wetaskiwin Motor sports, He just Hooked up an Outlander with the Ron Woods Full package; Pipe, chip, fuel pump, complete top end re-build. aprox ~ 18-20 Hp gain... It sounds pretty cool! $2,000.00 - $3,000.00... He wasn't finished.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
The Ron Woods pipe is loud....sounds deadly, but it is a bit on the loud side (imo)
Did know Ron Woods came out with a dual exhaust????

O2Bsane

Reaction score
I jumped the gun and got the HMF Pipe and Chip... Then the Ron Woods Dual exhaust was available. I rode with two guys (both Outlander 800s), one has the Luney Tunes (Gay name but a great product!). Both quads have impresive power gains and sound great.
Mine sounded great (I'm getting the engine re-built... long story) but initaily had some minor power gains that fluctuated, the chip was very hard to navigate. I then had the chip replaced with the Dynatech programer which is easy to adjust, just haven't had the time to play with.
You can check out Luney Tunes @

Quadworx.com storefront - Can-Am

It's a local company out of Wetaskiwin. I'm also interested in the Ron Woods exhaust... Hint Hint... I'll sell you my HMF Pipe for a good price. I want the full dual exhaust. It' easier to install now that the engines all apart.

P.S. If you want the mac Daddy. Call Larry @ Wetaskiwin Motor sports, He just Hooked up an Outlander with the Ron Woods Full package; Pipe, chip, fuel pump, complete top end re-build. aprox ~ 18-20 Hp gain... It sounds pretty cool! $2,000.00 - $3,000.00... He wasn't finished.

Ok so pipe, power commander fuel mapper(chip as you refer to), and fuel pump is going to get you 18-20 hp or is there other engine mods being done to achieve this HP gain?? That HUGE gains for only 3000 bucks. I have done dyno runs with woods exhaust and HMF slip on and the gains arent enuff to warrent the price of a woods pipe. I am talkin like 1 RWhp difference. I got a spare 800 motor sitting realy to go I might part with its not stock and is putting out around 85 to 88 hp off the crank.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
ok so pipe, power commander fuel mapper(chip as you refer to), and fuel pump is going to get you 18-20 hp or is there other engine mods being done to achieve this hp gain?? That huge gains for only 3000 bucks. I have done dyno runs with woods exhaust and hmf slip on and the gains arent enuff to warrent the price of a woods pipe. I am talkin like 1 rwhp difference. I got a spare 800 motor sitting realy to go i might part with its not stock and is putting out around 85 to 88 hp off the crank.

pm sent !!!

Waters

Reaction score
Ok so pipe, power commander fuel mapper(chip as you refer to), and fuel pump is going to get you 18-20 hp or is there other engine mods being done to achieve this HP gain?? That HUGE gains for only 3000 bucks. I have done dyno runs with woods exhaust and HMF slip on and the gains arent enuff to warrent the price of a woods pipe. I am talkin like 1 RWhp difference. I got a spare 800 motor sitting realy to go I might part with its not stock and is putting out around 85 to 88 hp off the crank.
Call Wetaskiwin Motorsports @ 780-352-5408. They just Quted me 20hp gain. Its $3,200.00 and its a 5hr job. They have one of the kit there.
I assume the gains aren't to the wheels but they are bold enought to boast about the kit. Call for more details. They do good work there.

O2Bsane

Reaction score
I am assuming this is what you bought:
Our Stage 1 Kit includes the High Performance Intake Kit, Race Exhaust Kit, and Adjustable Fuel Management Box. With this kit we have seen 32.5% increase in hp, performance you can actually feel and use.

$1434.00 with regular endcap
$1568.00 with supertrapp spark arrestor endcap

But what you should know is this: The Wood-Rotax intake system consists of a cast aluminum intake manifold, gaskets, longer throttle cable, K&N filter and Precharger. This new manifold has a larger inside diameter and reroutes the throttle body to the left side of the engine, bypassing the stock airbox. So it will suck air right by your left leg. You wont be able to mud ride at all.

If you are not getting the woods intake your gains will be significantly lower.

Waters

Reaction score
I never bought it... Yet. My engine is in there being re-built as we chat (under warranty). Larry the service manager was giving me new practical big power alternatives. I jumped the gun and bought programer, slip on pipe, clutch kit and air filter. and still never regained the power lost from the bigger tires. This was all that was available until recently. I'm almost ready to sell this Quad and start over with the 09 X model!!!!!!

Waters

Reaction score
I think Larry said: Rings, pistons and Full Exaust as well. Just Call WMS

Top Bottom