RMK Bog at high RPM, but not always?

Hansen13

Reaction score
My RMK seems to cut out of power a little sometimes when i'm carving or doing wheelies. If I dump it on its side enough it cuts out of power a little bit, not too much. Also, go to pop a wheelie and sometimes when i punch the throttle it just cuts a little bit. Yet I can hold the thing wide open anywhere else without any issues. It's got brand new plugs, exhaust valves cleaned, new fuel filter.. Any ideas what it could be? Is there any throttle safety when it's wide open?

Hansen13

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be no, but I'm new to the sled so what is a good range for RPM when the throttle is open?

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read on another forum that in stock form your peak hp an torque is at 7200+- rpm.. I really don't know much about the 900s.. In my head tho if it only happens when you mash the throttle it could bog out a lil because of a quick rpm spike.. But thats just what makes sense in my head an could be completely out to lunch lol

Sent from a phone likely at work

Hansen13

Reaction score
Yeah low-mid throttle is fine, most times high rpm is good just happens every so often but it's very annoying. Any idea what would cause it to bog from quick rpm change?

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely hitting the rev limiter an the engine shuts it down to protect itself

Gradey

Reaction score
Try unplugging your throttle safety sensor in doing this your engine kill switch will disable also. Did mine today and seems to be the prob.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pay attention to peak rpm. My '06 bounced off the rev limiter at 8050 rpm. Another thing to check is throttle cable adjustment. You need to adjust the cable so you have approx. 030" clearance between the throttle lever and block.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Top Bottom