Rim cleaning

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Eagle alloy's on my truck and the road salt sticks to them really bad and is a pain in the azz to clean. I pretty much have to use fine grit steel wool to get them clean. Does anyone know of a good cleaner/solvent to get this stuff off. They are not chromed or polished and i was told that they would stand up to winter driving. I have tried many different polish's and it does eventually work but its a lot of elbow grease and its next to impossible to get in around the lug nuts without taking the tires off.

Attachments

• 0 038.jpg
    0 038.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 28

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i have'nt. I'm not sure if that would be good for my rims because of the black finish. I will try it and see how it turns out. Thanks

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those wheels should have a clearcoat on them from new. if it is just the unpainted aluminum gettin the spots they are uncoated which is odd because they usually clear the whole rim after painting the black. if you want to keep the matte finish scotchbrite or steel wool will work but if you want a no maitenence rim give wheel works a call in edmonton 780 463 4763. they could clearcoat them, they are the only car wheel repair guys i ever reccomend. hope this helps!!

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Boydo. I thought they should have a clear coat on them but they don't and like i said before, the salt sticks to them really bad. i will call wheel works today!!

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dI have Eagle Alloys on my truck I use Mothers aluminum cleaner for my wheels. I have had the wheels for 4 yrs now I clean them every 2 months on a hoist easer to do the wheel look like new still:d:beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom