Right side bog.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had this old Cat now for 3 seasons and love it. It had the infamous right side sputter in deep powder.When carving to the right side it would misfire after a few seconds. I used silicone around the exhaust oulet in the body pan and that helped a little. I made a plastic cover for the air inlet that faces towards the recoil. We were out in hood deep powder in Hassler yesterday and the sputter is completely gone. Hope this can help somebody else. It's nice when a solution is almost free.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u can actually get the deflection shield for the exhaust right from cat

i got it on mine plus a piece of rubber to extend it a little bit as well

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the deflection shield or part #. I covered up my right side intake. It seemed to be better but I was not in deep powder. heading to the mountains in a week. So i would like my options covered.I was looking at a front dump, But this sound easier.

Fishtank

Reaction score
A picture says a 1000 words.

I have never noticed a right side bog.

Attachments

• Kelowna-20110818-00100.jpg
    Kelowna-20110818-00100.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 155

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the deflection shield and still get the bog some times. did you just block the intake off on the recoil side?

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from riding after blocking the intake off by the recoil. I played in some powder ( when I could find it ) tried to get it to bog , no bog. All I did to block off the in take, was undo the 4 bolts that hold the duct to the frame of the sled slide a piece of galvanized steel that I cut and drilled to size (from some roof flashing I had) between the duct and frame and bolted it back together. it took at the most an hour. got to love it when you can fix a problem for no cost and less then an hour of your time.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to put a front dump in but tried blocking the in take first. Is the 900 carbed or EFI. Any issues by adding the extra length of pipe from the pipe to the can. How hard was 900 to put in the poo chassis. I would love to put one in a IQ.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was back out at Hassler this weekend. Hood deep powder again and still no bog. Mine is carbed and I made my block off plate from 1/8 inch ABS plastic. It is so much nicer to ride in the deep snow when you know it won't sputter. Another problem has surfaced. My buddy let me ride his 12 Polaris ProRMK 800-163. Now I know how outdated the Kingcat is.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ancient Sledder how was the power of the Pro Ride compared to the KIng cat? I was thinking of getting one but didn't what to go down in power.

Fishtank

Reaction score
I have ridden a mates 11 polaris and they are awesome. So light and easy to throw around and they climb great too. But the power is no where near my 900. Maybe its the twin pipes or the 162x16 track that gives it the extra get up and go but it definetely doesnt throw you back in the seat like the 900 does.

Fishtank

Reaction score
And yes I forgot to mention I have a snorkel air intake up through where the speedo used to be so it draws nice fresh air from above and not down low. Perhaps that is why I dont get the right side bog either.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ancient Sledder how was the power of the Pro Ride compared to the KIng cat? I was thinking of getting one but didn't what to go down in power.

My King has an SLP pipe and can on it and V Force3 reeds. It is just a little louder than stock but not annoying. I found the power to be very close between the two sleds. The King has much more torque. The suspension on the Poo was fantastic and it got up on the snow in a heartbeat. The Polaris handled much better and was way more flickable, side to side. I would consider it after riding it. My problem is that my lovely wife has given me the green light for a new sled OR new bike, but not both. Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom