Riding Areas

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So have made my FIRST trip to the mountains and to say it had its ups and downs. First day was absolutely beautiful sun shining, not too too cold, all ready to go. Nerves were a little bad but was dealing. Sled broke, got mad, told my bf i would never ride sled again and was leaving that sport to him! lol

Second day he convinced me to double with him and try Quartz creek again and he'd show me what to do. I was hesitant but decided it would be much better than stayin in the cabin all day by myself. So off we went, hopped on the back and needless to say it was the best day I have ever had on skidoo. Wasn't so scary or nerve racking on back and then he was taking me places i would never go myself. So finally he decided to try and show me to high mark (small hills, well i wouldnt even call them hills yet lol) at first, he said i could go on back standing with him or do it myself. Being scared to fall off (arms were getting sore from holding on already) i did it myself. I was so happy, i spent the rest of the day kicking him off his sled so i could try. We had such a great time and are heading back to Golden for new years and cant wait!!!

So i was wondering where else is there to ride that is for beginners any suggestions? Like.. McBride, Tumbler Ridge, Valemount? Any suggestions on some good places! =)

Thanks Girls!!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a happy ending to your weekend! Great to hear you didn't give it up! It's such an awesome sport, and worth the effort to learn to go. Even if you just get enough skills to get you around, that in itself is awesome. Just being able to get out in this beautiful country!
Regardless of what some may think...a woman's place is NOT in the cabin! ;)

If you're doubling again, try tucking yourself in front with him standing behind/over you...that's a great way for a beginner to experience the ride! :d

Forster in Radium is a good area for all levels of riding. They have a cabin for warming, nice open meadows and some good hills. You don't have to go up into the more advanced areas. Another nice little ride if you were in Radium, would be up to Paradise Mine near Panorama ski hill. Not a huge area, but a nice trail up and a scenic old mine to ride in. Makes for a nice, easy day. Cabin up there too, but not for you to hang out in while the guys ride...just to warm you up LOL.

Last edited:

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you gave it a second try and liked it! Blue River or Mcbride are also great beginner areas! Thats where my bf took me for my first rides! The people there are super friendly too and its a great experience! The drive isnt that much longer than Golden either if leaving from Edmonton area! We r heading up to Mcbride over new years! Hope you have another great time!

cmdell

Reaction score
Hello
I am part of the snowmobile club in Tumbler Ridge.

There are many awesome riding areas here in Tumbler for beginners, and intermediate riders. We have many trail rides such as a trip to the kinuso falls, thunder mountain. We also have a some mountain rides such as Babcock mountain which is all easy trail ride in and there is something for everyone, there are hills to climb and jumps to take or just to ride around at your leasure. We also have Bullmoose mountain, which has two riding areas which are also easy tail rides in and alot of fun. There are some huge hills and small ones for those who are just learning. I might add it is sure nice to see more women getting into the sport. I find that there are few are far between on the hills. I myself have been riding since i was a child and enjoy going out to the hills with my husband.

Carrie Dell

Top Bottom