Revelstoke Snowmobiling Econimic Impact Survey

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The City of Revelstoke is doing a Snowmobiling Economic Impact Survey. It has been circulated to Revelstoke Club Members. If you ride Revelstoke and are not a member of the Club could you please take a minute and complete the survery online. Your response is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Revelstoke Snowmobiling Survey 2011

They are also compiling the info we collect at the trailheads weekly. The Club and Society were asked for input for the survey questions and will use the results also.

Pay particular attention to question 4. Any comments, feelings or concerns you have pertaining to this question, please make sure you list them.

This survey is to determine what kind of money comes into the town directly related to snowmobiling but also will be used to determine if restrictions or further restrictions will affect your decision to continue to snowmobile the Revelstoke area

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Good thing I don`t tell them everything bout you guys eh`. I am really looking forward to seeing the results, heard over 170 submitted in the first 2 days.

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suggestions for comments.

My biggest complaint revolves around access. We can only access mountain terrain from the highway so we are limited to areas that we can ride. Typically a rider may be able to venture 50km from the trail head into the back country. Thus this is an extremely small riding area esp. when put into the the comparison of 100,000+ square KM. that is not accessible other then helicopter. If the main drive is close areas due to caribou, is there such limited area for them that we have to close these extremely small riding areas as well. Lastly during heavy snow accumulation (jan-apr) I would predict the majority of animals are in low to mid elevation. This area usually involves just the trail ride to the alpine so to put that into perspective makes closure of an entire area seem even more unnecessary.

If there are more closures our riding group plans to go elsewhere.

Top Bottom