rev xp renagade

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Hey got the new renagade and lovin it but when warming it up it has overheated a few times after like 7-10 min witch cannot be to long can it?? had lots of liquids in the past never a prob before. contacted dealer he said 2-3 min was enough, here in Labrador its -30 already i dont think 2-3 mins is enough, also any ideas what to do to increase air flow in engine bay, been told to remove plastic cover on clutch any mone suggestions??Thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think dealer is right. Run it a couple of minutes and ride it gently for a bit before you hit it hard. Increasing underhood air removal wont stop it from overheating but may make clutchs run cooler. Increasing air flow underhood works for mountain riders to keep the clutchs cooler from heavy load condition with minimal speed. Doo you in Labrador have a lot of mountain riding or just hills? If it was me I would just run it a shorter time then head out slowly. Good luck and let us know

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just removing the plastics won`t do much for cooling while you are sitting still. Maybe check the Reservoir and make sure it isn`t over filled.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think 7 to 10 is waaaay too long - i can see it overheating. The engine is small, it does not take very long to warm up. 2-5 minutes max, I normally run mine 2-3 minutes at most, then baby it out for a mile or so (30kph), then run it up to 80kph for a another mile then go crazy (actually what I really do is start out slow (maybe 20kph) and go faster and faster for the first 2 miles) - this is all on packed or semi packed trails, if it was powder you would want to stay under 1/4 throttle for 5 mins or so - but I would really want to avoid warming up in powder (like over 10"). Also remember your belt, track and chain need to warm up a bit too, hitting them hard with a warm engine when they are really cold is not good either.

The reason you want to have some warm up is because if you throw a lot of heat at the engine too fast, the pistons expand faster than the cylinders, giving you a seized engine or scratched up walls. But to do this you have to be pretty hard on it, like start it, run if for only 30 secons then go rip on it (1/2 throttle or more), that would be really bad, but you know that.

Even if you only let it run 30 seconds and babied it for 5 minutes you would never have a problem. You don't need to run it as long as you are, and the engine cannot cool itself when the sled is not moving through loose snow.

Top Bottom