Rev limiter code appears when descending.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2013 XMX 163 has a Rooster built clutch kit and has engine braking while descending if I want it.

There is a code that seems to appear, and only since I got the newest updating flash done.

Is this normal?

And also by the way, could engine braking have any detrimental effects on the motor, such as lack of lubrication from having the throttle closed.. etc.??

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now you got me wondering about using engine braking on the rt1000 ...
it has a twin throtle cable, one to the throtle bodies one to the mechanical oil pump.
so if I'm making big rpm down hill for a ways with out touching the throtle does that mean its spinning with out much oil, but does that mean much if the motor isnt pushing much fuel thru and pulling hard and making big heat ???

sorry, just talking out loud. wotz the oil pump set up on an xm ???

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had it till I got the update.. muffler sensor is gone and now this.. I know it's a thing they put in, but in all thinking, is it bad to rev an engine without the fuel?? (aside from the supposed oiling..)
it's a stupid bug ... just ignore it .. but it is annoying

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has been a problem for me as well
I had it back to dealer and BRP is aware of this as my dealer has posted on BRP website on a blog that is ongoing
there is no fix at this time
more of a hindrance than anything
hopefully it will get cleaned up over summer
birdie

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Mine did it for the first time in February and since then my sled hasnt made it more than 15km on each of the last 5 rides. 3 fuel injectors, new stator and fly wheel and it messed up again on me. Never once an engine code beside overlimit on a decent.

Top Bottom