Reeds

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, the v-force work good on 'doo 800 motors. first thing I noticed was the throttle response on packed trails, and the fuel mileage increase when riding around below WOT. I think they were over $400 new, but the reed cages are better quality than the stock ones. the pics I posted previously were off an '03 800 Summit with 4 seasons on them, mostly mtn riding.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The vforce reeds for the XP800 are cheaper than before because they use the stock boots.. They are like 299.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The vforce reeds for the XP800 are cheaper than before because they use the stock boots.. They are like 299.
do you know if they are of any benefit to the XP 800's Glen? heard from a couple tuners that 'doo reeds are now very similar to v-force by design, and buying them isn't worth it. is 'doo using the same crappy reed cages that delaminate?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know if they are of any benefit to the XP 800's Glen? heard from a couple tuners that 'doo reeds are now very similar to v-force by design, and buying them isn't worth it. is 'doo using the same crappy reed cages that delaminate?

We found in doing back to back runs on a 660ft drag race type situation using a gps to tell speeds, after reeds installed it gained about 5mph in 660ft.. The stock reeds have 2 pedals and the vforce have 4 pedals.. The boots on the '07 and newer sleds seem that they arebuilt alot better

Top Bottom