Recommend 4 matched locks so superclamps dont go missing.

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
Sold my enclosed, this will be my first season with a deck. I'd like to get 4 matching keyed locks so front and rear superclamps dont go missing at night. Any recommendations for locks that wont ice up all the time?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take them off while travelling and buy whatever you like , I always did the same with my enclosed,

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use cheap master locks from home hardware. They came in a set of four and I have no problems with them icing.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You can get the Master locks with a rubber tab over the key hole that helps the problem. Another trick is to fill the lock itself with a good spray lube (not WD40).

Catmando's idea along with the spray will normally prevent the freezing.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use cheap master locks from home hardware. They came in a set of four and I have no problems with them icing.

Same here, and store when not in use. Besides locks are just a deterrent, if someone wants something they'll find a way.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we stay at a motel i lock my sleds on with the super clamps and also run a heavy chain through the front suspension and lock it to the deck with a 3/8 heavy duty lock

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4 American locks keyed alike I always travel with the locks on and have never had a freezing issue
with multiple trips per year to the mountains

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you have for a truck you should look into bolt locks. They key to your truck key so you don't have to carry a second key. I used them for a couple seasons when I ran a deck and never had any issues with them icing. The only crappy thing is if you change trucks you need new locks and it's considerably less convenient for vehicles with passive entry.

https://www.boltlock.com

Irocaz

Reaction score
Glad i seen this post, reminded me i needed a set too! :thumb:

Ordered a 4-pk of Master Lock Magnums off amazon for $40.46. They are Magnum... they gotta be good :laugh:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer an all steel lock american or master and give them a drink of fluid film, facing down with a zip of tape across the lock hole when going long ways. I also carry a soldering torch to melt them out if i need to. Hence the all steel...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use the masters with the rubber coating and key hole cover. The rubberized coating on the shackle doesn't fit the superclamp hole so cut it off.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
master cable lock threw arm then super clamp around rack of sled deck
rubber tab master lock for rear clamp
not keyed the same

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4 American locks keyed alike I always travel with the locks on and have never had a freezing issue
with multiple trips per year to the mountains

X2
I spray them with moovit or triflow or other similar products and have never had an issue.

Top Bottom