Rear Suspension

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I'm replacing my track and got new rails. I've got the front of the rear skid bolted in, but can't get the rear bolts in, let alone the track loose enough to get it up over the upper idler wheels (I've got the SJ drop brackets). I don't think I've changed anything on the rear suspension, but the track is tighter than a... well, you get the picture. Actually, here it is. The rear axle is loosened up as much as it can be, and the track is not bunched up on the drivers. Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong??:confused:

Thanks,

tekim :D

Attachments

• IMG_0301 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0301 (Medium).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0302 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0302 (Medium).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0303 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0303 (Medium).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 69

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
when i did the install of the drop brakets for catmando i always leave the torsion springs out (disconected at the back part where the where the plastic end bolts onto the rail)

and on my personal sled i also had to use a zipstrap and compress the suspension to line everything up

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I did mine,I tried the strap on the suspension and could not get it to work. I took off the torsion spring adjusters and it slid right in.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup you need to take out the springs,bit of a bugger to get em back in,but I let Fossy do that LOL!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well now you know............Twice LMAO!
catmando!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i'd do is install the upper idler wheels and unbolt the rear springs from where they mount to the rails by your sliders. Then just flip springs back, then the skid should bolt in quite easily and then you just pull the springs forward and rebolt them to the rail.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, did what you all said and she went in pretty good. Track still seems pretty dam* tight though... Like I said before, rear axle is slid all the way forward. Good enough for now :rolleyes:

tekim:d

Attachments

• IMG_0306 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0306 (Medium).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, did what you all said and she went in pretty good. Track still seems pretty dam* tight though... Like I said before, rear axle is slid all the way forward. Good enough for now :rolleyes:

tekim:d

When I installed mine the track didn't tighten all that much. Just like the previous posts the front slide block has to be disconnected from the slide rail (long tail of the coil spring) and the skid is easy to put in. I recall that the instructions said to reconnect the slide block on the upper bolt hole ( drill it larger if required ) and I noticed that you have it on the lower bolt hole ( according to your pictures ). Also when I did my first attempt I had the SJ bracket on the wrong postion on the hex end. Just a suggestion to look at - I didn't think that the bracket could even come close to working in the wrong postion becasue the link becomes over rotated but your pictures and the track being too tight has me thinking. You will enjoy the SJ bracket for future riding - espeically if you are a heavier rider .

Cheers

:beer::beer:

Cheers

Top Bottom