Rear Spare Fuel Racks/Containers.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im looking at different options for carrying my spare fuel on my sled.
There are so many options. Please post your system, a pic of the sled would help to, and the pro's and cons to the system your using. Im changing my tunnel on my sled and wont put a gas rack untill I find what works good and looks good too.

S

stripe

i went with the V.E. tail ext on myn i can put my bag and 2.5 gal can or to 2.5 gal can.s:d

sled10.jpg

sled11.jpg

sled12.jpg

sled14.jpg

sled9.jpg

sled16.jpg

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went with the V.E. tail ext on myn i can put my bag and 2.5 gal can or to 2.5 gal can.s:d

How did you get the 2 in 1 type of rack. On their website it only comes in a size suitable for one item. Also.. You should scrap the warning decals :p

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the track rack system. super light. gas cans cant come off. because weve all had the bungie cord system and that never works no matter how many you use. these just slide right off its really slick. im always the one picking up my friends gas cans on the way up the mountain it seems.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Van Amburg Enterprises,Inc.

I live in the same town and ride with mike so i had him custom make the dual rack for me for the long rides :d

That looks great Ed. I may have to do something like that. Where are your heat exchanger on that sled. Mine are under my tunnel, but I guess I would have to rethink how I would rviet it on.

Sure looks better than my redneck gerry can, and dual tie downs x-crossed.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the track rack system. super light. gas cans cant come off. because weve all had the bungie cord system and that never works no matter how many you use. these just slide right off its really slick. im always the one picking up my friends gas cans on the way up the mountain it seems.

That looks slick Maxwell. I looked into those last season I think but had trouble trying to contact them. Will be looking into those asap I think. Real clean & tidy finish to those.
I had the QRS jugs a few years ago from the Edm sled show, but the mounting holes would always fill up with snow when you rode with out them on the tunnel during the day.:mad:
These look really slick:beer:

RN

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tracks get snow on them. but usually when you slide them on the snow just comes off. or just use ur hand it never gets very bad.

also its only 10L of fuel not sure how much extra you turbo guys need to haul along.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the tracks get snow on them. but usually when you slide them on the snow just comes off. or just use ur hand it never gets very bad.

also its only 10L of fuel not sure how much extra you turbo guys need to haul along.

LOL........ i need 10L just to carry to have the same amount as you guys start with!!!:eek:
I have been carrying a 5 gal jug on the gas rack I have now, but too big & heavy on the trail & have to use tie down straps each time. Is that shop in Edm? I want to stop in & see their products.

RN

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't have a picture, but just buy a rev jerry can and mounting hardware, relatively cheap, rivetys to any sled and gives you more than enough fuel.

Top Bottom