rear sag on 09 dragon

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok first off i have an 09 dragon 163. i just replaced all the shocks all around. walker evans. had them all charged up to where they were supposed to be. i still have a rear sag. if i push down on rear bumper it goes down and doesnt come back up. theres two places on the fron track shock for the top of the shock to attach. its currently on the rear hole. what differance would it make if i moved to front hole? same as rear shock. 3 holes for attachment at the bottom. its at the top hole now. i need some experienced advice. why is it still sagging with fully charged shocks. is it the torsion springs?

B-Mac

Reaction score
Yes its the torsion springs. I had the same problem and replaced the torsion springs with some heavier-duty ones. Was able to order right from my polaris dealership.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes its the torsion springs. I had the same problem and replaced the torsion springs with some heavier-duty ones. Was able to order right from my polaris dealership.
were u able to replace without taking skid and track off?

sledrs

Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/polaris-iq-451/rear-springs-75408.html

Read this. We tried new WE shock, dealer only charges them to factory spec. Tried the HD spring, waist of money. Bought my own charge kit and bumpped to 190psi witn nitrogen and moved the mount on the rails like the above link says and it was perfect! 190lb rider, can drop and jump with no bottoming and sits a couple inches compressed at ride height, about 4.5'' with rider at bumper. you will like it and if you dont, just put the bottom mount back where it was! This was on a 09 Dragon as well, not the Assult in the pic.

Last edited:

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/polaris-iq-451/rear-springs-75408.html

Read this. We tried new WE shock, dealer only charges them to factory spec. Tried the HD spring, waist of money. Bought my own charge kit and bumpped to 190psi witn nitrogen and moved the mount on the rails like the above link says and it was perfect! 190lb rider, can drop and jump with no bottoming and sits a couple inches compressed at ride height, about 4.5'' with rider at bumper. you will like it and if you dont, just put the bottom mount back where it was! This was on a 09 Dragon as well, not the Assult in the pic.
im gonna try that. thanx.

Top Bottom