Rave valve ????

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the caps off the valves and watched the Guillotines. Reved it up and they did'nt move. Put the hose end ( after the check valve ) in a cup of water and reved it again. Some very small bubbles at high RPMs. Took check valve out and can suck air through valve in the direction of arrow arrow ( on the side of Valve ) but can't seem to be able to blow air through ( in the direction of arrow ). Does it take a lot more than a human to push air through it? Sucky but NO BLOWY Need help and be nice Guys

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes their all good because I can take the hose on the other side of the seliniod, Blow through it and the bellows inflate nicely. The sled has only seen about 100k since cleaning. was acting up a bit last year. Runs relativily good around edmonton but took it to Revy a few weeks ago,would hit about 6000 rpm and all heck seemed to break loose.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes their all good because I can take the hose on the other side of the seliniod, Blow through it and the bellows inflate nicely. The sled has only seen about 100k since cleaning. was acting up a bit last year. Runs relativily good around edmonton but took it to Revy a few weeks ago,would hit about 6000 rpm and all heck seemed to break loose.
Well pulled the guillotines out again,They looked fine, Checked selinoid ,It looked fine, Pulled the reeds, They looked fine, Put a new checkvalve on ,Just because, but went to check the DPM and found one of the hoses had come off the back of the carbs. Still need to take it to the mountains to be sure but ( might be wishful thinking ) I think it runs better. Going to put into storage and be ready for next years snow. Just like always seems like the simple stuff a person overlooks!!!!!!!

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
yeah, the exact same thing happened to my '06. Was running like a toilet on my last trip to Blue. On Easter weekend, I took it out for one last ride and did a prelim check of everthing. I took the air box off and it was the PTO carb hose that came off the carb fitting. Seems like that length of hose from the DPM rail to the carb is a tad bit too short. Hooked it back up and the sled stood up on end.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, the exact same thing happened to my '06. Was running like a toilet on my last trip to Blue. On Easter weekend, I took it out for one last ride and did a prelim check of everthing. I took the air box off and it was the PTO carb hose that came off the carb fitting. Seems like that length of hose from the DPM rail to the carb is a tad bit too short. Hooked it back up and the sled stood up on end.
Funny what a little hose can do. Changed them both out and made them a tad longer.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you buy new hose? OEM or did you find a close match? I want to make them longer as well and not have another trip botched....

Had a piece kicking around the shop, nothing special..

Top Bottom