Ram handlebar mount

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went to the fishing hole as it was only place I could find to buy a ram mount for my garmin montana 600. Just wondering if anyone is running these? He assured me the system is tried and true...just seems a little sketchy. Everything is relying on the ball and joint...just don't know if bouncing around on the quad if it'll all stay where originally set.

robb

Reaction score
I'm running a Ram mount for the Rino 530 on my summit. Didn't move at all over the weekend,and the trails were getting very rough by the end of the day. I have the long arm version, and its mounted so the arm is sitting horizontal. If it does get a little wobbly , you can just give the screw an extra crank and it tightens right up again.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines been on my quad for 3 years now and never failed, including the quad being upside down once pretty hard.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be fine. I have ram mounts on all my machines. They have been abused and not a single one has ever broke.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 of them and only broke one due to my boy smoking a tree. Love them, just make sure you tether the gps to your handlebars, I use a fishing leader and it came in handy twice. All ordered from gpscity.ca in calgary.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 of them and only broke one due to my boy smoking a tree. Love them, just make sure you tether the gps to your handlebars, I use a fishing leader and it came in handy twice. All ordered from gpscity.ca in calgary.

fishing leader is a great idea! Good to hear thanks for replies fellas

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I run the ram mounts also on my rhino 520 I smashed it into trees and rolled the quad and sled on it never missed a beat

seancd

Reaction score
check out ebay or the ram site.... I have a ram mount for my garmin gps, very happy

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All ordered from gpscity.ca in calgary.

Props to GPSCity.ca in Cowtown as well.

Great prices and retarded quick to the door. Best place I've dealt with in a few years.

I bought a Tab 3 RAM mount and a couple GoPro RAM mounts from them. Also a couple Contour Roam II's, and... ya, it's pretty addicting. lol

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RAM mounts are great as long as you walk right by the universal ones and get the one tailor made for your GPS. I haven't come close to losing my GPS with the model-specific RAM mount, but I really like the tether idea just in case.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have one on my quad for the my Rino 650 and it works great. Also have the garmin handlebar mount on my dirtbike for the same GPS and it works pretty well too.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always get the specific cradle for your GPS. My roller cradle has been awsome. Best thing is, you can switch from the quad to the sled to the truck then the boat without a whole lot of extra hardware.

Top Bottom