Radiator Brace or aftermarket guards?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2008 KTM 200. The radiator is in decent shape with slightly bent sides but the fins are all good for the most part. I have dumped it over on its side quite a few times that I am supprised that the radiator is in such good shape. I am considering putting rad braces on just in case I dump it over on its side bad in the near future, being that braces are cheaper than a new radiator. A friend of mine had a stick go right through his rad with stock radiator guards, At that point in time I considered putting aftermarket metal radiator guards instead. So my question is, is that will both a radiator brace and radiator quards both fit on the bike together or will I have to make up my mind and put only one of them on? If so which one? and which brand? and will a radiator guard provide as much stabability for the rads as a radiator brace will? Any answers are greatly appreciated

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the ones that mount to the frame
Will still work even though my
Rad is bent in on the side?

Sent from my mobile telephone

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice find on the Scorpion's, I haven't seen them before!

On another note if you like buying local Scorpion is made in Chilliwack BC... I have them rad gaurds and skid plate for my 450x

the skid plate is awesome because you won't here any vibrations and bolts up way easier then anything else I've seen... no clamps under the frame near the motor to mess around with...

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
So the ones that mount to the frame
Will still work even though my
Rad is bent in on the side?

Sent from my mobile telephone

Yes they should fit you can straighten them pretty easy. Pull the plastic off, run the bike to get everything hot and you can straighten them pretty easy. I use a pice of 2 by 4 as a straight edge and hit it with a hammer until it lines up. You can bend them a bit but not too much.

Personally I never run rad protectors. I spend money on good gear, tires, chain, and sprockets. In that order. Then I just fix what I wreck. I have wrecked a couple of rads but the fix was cheap and I have never been stranded so why spend the money and ride a fat heavy bike. just crash less!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they should fit you can straighten them pretty easy. Pull the plastic off, run the bike to get everything hot and you can straighten them pretty easy. I use a pice of 2 by 4 as a straight edge and hit it with a hammer until it lines up. You can bend them a bit but not too much.

Personally I never run rad protectors. I spend money on good gear, tires, chain, and sprockets. In that order. Then I just fix what I wreck. I have wrecked a couple of rads but the fix was cheap and I have never been stranded so why spend the money and ride a fat heavy bike. just crash less!

ya but you ride in front all the time i bet!

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Sometimes. We have a pretty fast group. If my brother does not pick up the pace my 14 year old daughter is going to be using him for traction this year!

Sorry Rich the truth hurts.

Top Bottom