Question about Fording River Pass

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to Cataract on Sunday and want to head for Fording River Pass. My GPS tells me that it's just over 11km as the crow flies from Etherington.

Do we need to carry extra gas?

Shock

Reaction score
will be at cataract on sunday. Never have been there. Is there a stageing area at the end of 541 from Longview?
Takeing a newbe but he has no fear.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. Take 541 till you get to the gates and turn left. Follow that road, I think it's 941) till you see Etherington (first) or Cataract Creek (a little bit further in). Hopefully the warm weather here hasn't done too much to the snow conditions.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails are in good shape. There's quite a bit of snow there. Much more than a few weeks ago. We tried riding over the Fording River Pass to the BC side but there are lots of rocks on the trail at certain spots. The trail that drops over the other side is where we turned around. I hate the sound of rocks under my skis. Here's some pic's from our ride.

Last edited:

geordiep

Reaction score
I can't find any directions to Fording River Pass from the Cataract Creek staging area. I found a map (link below) but it does not have Fording River on it. Please advise.

Thanks,
G

geordiep

Reaction score
I took a quick trip out the Cataract this afternoon. No new snow. I lucked out and made it to Fording Pass. I basically kept right on every Y from the first staging area.

I stopped at about 19Km from the staging area on the second mountain top (the one with grass and rocks). It was getting dark and I had to turn back.

How much further do I have to go to get to the area where those pictures were taken?

It started to snow as I was leaving.:)

Top Bottom