puck board for slide guides

sasksledhead

Reaction score
Hello, just wandering if anybody has ever glued puckboard to the deck of there trailer. Trying figure out how to prevent it from warping in the summer when it gets hot. Any suggestions?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hello, just wandering if anybody has ever glued puckboard to the deck of there trailer. Trying figure out how to prevent it from warping in the summer when it gets hot. Any suggestions?

Do NOT glue...they can and will break as well as rip up your wood as they expand and contract.

The ONLY secret is to drill enlarged or oversized holes and do not screw down tight...They need room to expand and contract

If you do this, its a great product...

wilsonck

Reaction score
I put it on My ramps but not sure why you would put on trailer deck. It would be slippery.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have it on my sled deck to keep the carbides from chewing up absurdly expense marine plywood. You do risk life and limb when it has snow on it. Also since I'm old school and don't have rewind it makes it easier push the sled off the deck.
I need to slot mine as it must grow several inches from Jan to Aug.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
After using puck board and the actual ski runner material, I would spend the money on the good slides because they have built in traction for your feet and slotted holes for the screws. IMO

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least this time the thread you dug up was only 1 year old, rather than the 4 years of the previous ones.

tool_man

Reaction score
I used puck board as slide guides but took a circ saw to them and cut grooves in them every inch or so. Worked really well, but got the puck board for free so it made sense to use it.

Top Bottom