PSI in Toyo 35"s??

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am runing Toyo 35 x 12 x 20 MT on a 08 F350 and am trying to find a happpy medium when it comes to the correct air pressue. I have had the guy at the local tire place tell me to run 65lbs as that is what it states on the side wall. I think this seems to be a bit much not only that but it rides like a lumber wagon and we are spilling drinks all over the place "messy"!!!

Any comments??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am runing Toyo 35 x 12 x 20 MT on a 08 F350 and am trying to find a happpy medium when it comes to the correct air pressue. I have had the guy at the local tire place tell me to run 65lbs as that is what it states on the side wall. I think this seems to be a bit much not only that but it rides like a lumber wagon and we are spilling drinks all over the place "messy"!!!

Any comments??
What ply are these tires 10 ply should be 80psi on the side wall, my dodge says 60min in the front and 70 min in the back that's what i'm running in them. I believe if you have nitrogen in them 50psi is the recommended PSI, and you adjust you tire pressure according to the load your carrying.
Try lowering the pressure and monitor the tread wear.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Diesel trucks(depending what you're carrying in back)are generally heavier on the front axle.I run higher pressure in front in winter for better traction,when towing/hauling run higherin back.65 doesn't sound like too much to me.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 65 is the max in these puppies.

I run mine at 50f, 42r, unloaded all the time and it rides nice. Mine are on 18's so I have a little more sidewall to cushion. I was running 65 in the summer to try to maximize mileage with the expensive fuel, but it makes such a difference to lower the pressure. I might go lower when it gets slick out.

cumminsummit

Reaction score
I run 35" mud grapplers on 20's and they are ridiculously rough as well... Can't wait to get the 37's back on. But you can lower your pressure to 50 safely.

I suggest letting 5psi out at a time and try it out.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 50 in my 35"toyo's I put 60 in when I am haulin my fifth wheel around. I believe 65 is the max for these but mine are 17"

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 35X12.5X18's and pressure is at 50psi all around. Ride is ok but could go less in the rear when empty. Max press. on the 18's is 65psi.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ply are these tires 10 ply should be 80psi on the side wall, my dodge says 60min in the front and 70 min in the back that's what i'm running in them. I believe if you have nitrogen in them 50psi is the recommended PSI, and you adjust you tire pressure according to the load your carrying.
Try lowering the pressure and monitor the tread wear.

Just curious What diff does N2 make ....PSI is PSI air or n2???

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious What diff does N2 make ....PSI is PSI air or n2???

I believe it's the effect of temperature on the gas. I believe N2 is used b/c of it's steady pressure characteristics under varying conditions.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it's the effect of temperature on the gas. I believe N2 is used b/c of it's steady pressure characteristics under varying conditions.

I can understand that but why 10 psi lower?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that but why 10 psi lower?

I did a 5 minute read on a few sites and there's nothing there to support running any different tire pressure than w air. Their main claim is that you will get longer tire life since your air filled tires lose 1-2 psi / month, whereas the larger N2 molecules won't seep from your tires. This will save you a bunch of $$. Personally I keep a pretty good eye on my tires. Air is 79% N2 anyways, it's not like I'm currently using water:rolleyes:

Top Bottom