Pros and cons of aftermarket reeds

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing to vforce 3 reeds on my M7. I have heard that changing the reeds on the cats doesn't make any difference. I'm just wanting to have the sled breath a little better.

I know this site has a lot of knowledge and I'm looking for some input. Will changing the reeds help/hinder? any other suggestions??

m8cat

Reaction score
There is some other posts on here discussing this , I believe the concensus for Cats was to use the boysen reeds. Check with TT powersports in Bonnyville, they can give you more info on this. :beer:

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run v force in all my cats and its one of the first things i like to do to clean up the bottom and midrange they work awsome, its a real bitch puting them in though :beer:

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a set of them on my 2010 m8 and made it way it rich on bottom in now and got to go and but a fuel box on it,but other then that its good on wide open.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I out vforce on my 05 M7 and it made a world of difference. Got rid of most of the bottom end bog.

srxdude

Reaction score
Put the boyesen rage cage on my 09/1000 Crossfire. Made the machine run way better. Had bog at top end is gone now. Very happy with the rage cage. Seems to have finished my performance upgrades. I have the rage cage with the D&D Fire Breather, full D&D exhaust with the Boondocker fuel control system on it. Runs real sweet now. My gps showed 87.9 mph across a pond in 8 inches of powder. Made the back country renegade doo just read my snow flap if he could see it that far away. :d:d:d

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's something to brag about when your running 200cc more, and all that other work done to it...bwahahaha

Go with the Boyesen Rage Cage, just like she/he says.

Put the boyesen rage cage on my 09/1000 Crossfire. Made the machine run way better. Had bog at top end is gone now. Very happy with the rage cage. Seems to have finished my performance upgrades. I have the rage cage with the D&D Fire Breather, full D&D exhaust with the Boondocker fuel control system on it. Runs real sweet now. My gps showed 87.9 mph across a pond in 8 inches of powder. Made the back country renegade doo just read my snow flap if he could see it that far away. :d:d:d

Top Bottom