Pro RMK (155) running hot

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody experiencing their 155's running hot? My buddy wants to know if he shoud take it in because it is at 150F quite often when other brands and a 163 Pro are running about 125F?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only time I've seen mine creep up to 150+ is on the trails. If I dive into the powder for 50 yds it drops to 120-125F. Any powder only riding I'm at the 120-125F mark.

I believe the temp light comes on at something like 185F if I recall(read it on blow west)

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine started doing the same thing in blue river on the first day and i couldnt figure it out because their was almost a foot of fresh snow on the trail. we finally opened up the right side and smelled some burning break so i played with the break lever a ch!t load then the break light was flicking on and off intermittently for about a km but the temp dropped to 140 from like 152 and squezed the hell out of the break lever again and finally it let go but i still think it rubs a bit. especially when its cold but i havnt had it heat up at all since. run it for a bit and touch your break caliper see how hot it is. mine was F***in hot. i dont know why the breaks on these things are set up with such little clearances my biggest complaint is the two man job to set the park break.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty normal for the pro's to run at 150. That is actually where they perform the best and make the most power. the temp light on these sleds doesn't come on until over 200.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll run mine 185-195 before i drag the feet a bit (on the trail). nothn wrong wit 150. if its stayn there and u aint workn it hard...then mite be sumthn to look into.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll run mine 185-195 before i drag the feet a bit (on the trail). nothn wrong wit 150. if its stayn there and u aint workn it hard...then mite be sumthn to look into.

No its not a "working it hard enough" issue. mine will run 122-125 in powder climbs. and racing on a trail with not much snow with scratchers down the hottest it got was 130 a few times.

kurtis.g

Reaction score
mine is running hot, got up to 201, always on a trail. heading up to renshaw (mcbride) i was constantly on the side of the groomed trying to keep it cool. it was avarage around 160!!! bringing it into the shop this week, my brake light also sticks on sometimes. but sled wasnt over heating while the brake light was stuck on. hopefully they find something and fix it

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is running hot, got up to 201, always on a trail. heading up to renshaw (mcbride) i was constantly on the side of the groomed trying to keep it cool. it was avarage around 160!!! bringing it into the shop this week, my brake light also sticks on sometimes. but sled wasnt over heating while the brake light was stuck on. hopefully they find something and fix it

are you running scratchers?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine started doing the same thing in blue river on the first day and i couldnt figure it out because their was almost a foot of fresh snow on the trail. we finally opened up the right side and smelled some burning break so i played with the break lever a ch!t load then the break light was flicking on and off intermittently for about a km but the temp dropped to 140 from like 152 and squezed the hell out of the break lever again and finally it let go but i still think it rubs a bit. especially when its cold but i havnt had it heat up at all since. run it for a bit and touch your break caliper see how hot it is. mine was F***in hot. i dont know why the breaks on these things are set up with such little clearances my biggest complaint is the two man job to set the park break.

I had the same problem, your dealer should know about this. Mine got so hot I could smell it. Talk about wasting HP but I took care of the problem and it's all good now. As for water temp with scratchers down I never see more than 135 and if I do I speed up and it drops to 125 pretty quick. Once in the snow never see more than 125 no matter how long a pull I do.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, your dealer should know about this. Mine got so hot I could smell it. Talk about wasting HP but I took care of the problem and it's all good now. As for water temp with scratchers down I never see more than 135 and if I do I speed up and it drops to 125 pretty quick. Once in the snow never see more than 125 no matter how long a pull I do.

hey so what was the problem with the breaks everytime i ask the dealer they say wait for the pads to wear in but 300miles now and the breaks are rubbing consistantly now can here it at 40-50 and the disk is super hot. wasting hp for sure.

any idea on how to fix this? im headed west tuesday so i need to figure it out before then.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey so what was the problem with the breaks everytime i ask the dealer they say wait for the pads to wear in but 300miles now and the breaks are rubbing consistantly now can here it at 40-50 and the disk is super hot. wasting hp for sure.

any idea on how to fix this? im headed west tuesday so i need to figure it out before then.

Sent you a pm

rmr1964

Reaction score
i heard on another thread that some of the guys are taking the brake lever off and filing a bit of material off of the part that touches the piston of the master cylinder.check to see if your park brake is hard to apply and if so that should fix it.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my park break is tough to apply. they just filed it down a bit and that lets it ease off the disk?

H2O

Reaction score
I had to remove my lever also and file it.

File both spots....... one that hits the master cylinder plunger (its plastic their)

The other spot...... I filed the notches for the park brake lock engagement.

tigger too

Reaction score
I had to remove my lever also and file it.

File both spots....... one that hits the master cylinder plunger (its plastic their)

The other spot...... I filed the notches for the park brake lock engagement.

mine runs the same 125-130 I have had the temp light come on a few times as the sled doesn't like hard semi hard snow but i put the scatches down and no problems

Top Bottom