primary clutch alignment

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 doo. I took the primary all apart. I put to spring cap and the cover with the arrows pointing the same way. But when I look at the outer edge of the left belt surface/sheave there is not mark to line up with the spring cap etc. There is a small divot but it almost looks like a scar. I also looked at my buddies 08 and found the same thing. What does everyone else doo in this situation. :d:d Thanks, in advance.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the inside sheeve there is just the little divot on the out side of the sheeve to go from, thats the best i know. good luck

giddyup

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
DO NOT go by the divot-its for balancing. Look between the ring gear and the fixed sheave-there IS A notch there. LOOK hard.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
if its not there you need to make one upon first dissasembely and use that mark from now on.

there is not always a notch

WEIRD

I've had thousands of primarys apart-theres always a notch on the fixed 1/2. 1 out of 100 Ive seen no mark on the slide half-but the spring cup has a mark to fallow that-unless you take the cup off witout checking first.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the manual out and the correct term is the sliding sheave. Not the fixed sheave. There is no mark.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the fixed one is on the crank/closest to the motor. the sliding shieve is the one that is where the spring cap attaches to. Not sure where you are going with this comment.

Really....the fixed 1/2 is the one that sits on the crank....

Top Bottom