price wundering...help please

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i am trying to sell my dads truck he bought for my sister that she doesnt use anymore...

the truck is a 2004 ford f-150 2wd with 4.8 V8 engine...white in color with tinted windows and has around 90000kms...very nice truck..

can someone help me with what it would be worth?
anybody interested?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it loaded or what xlt. xl ??? for an xl i think you might only get 10 but the xlt maybe 12...... hard to say..

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try this link. it is the online version of the black book guide. does all vehicles

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just keep in mind that websites like that are stickly a guide, and those numbers are based on auction averages across the country.(not hard to fiqure out a truck out here is worth more then in toronto). they are wholesale fiqures that could be out to lunch!!!

check you local trader, kijiji, etc and price it to sell, not to sit.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually those books are based on feedback from dealers, as well as auctions. they are alot more accurate than most peeps seem to think. i use them on a regular basis.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually those books are based on feedback from dealers, as well as auctions. they are alot more accurate than most peeps seem to think. i use them on a regular basis.

dealer feedback??? they are based on auction averages,through both adesa and manheim dealer auctions,and are to be used as a guide in addition to actually driving the vehicle and using a estimate for reconditioning costs.
I have used them everyday for the last 12 years, and the most acuarate way is the market report on the adesa website, where you can see where, kms and how much for model, etc which is only available to dealers

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer feedback??? they are based on auction averages,through both adesa and manheim dealer auctions,and are to be used as a guide in addition to actually driving the vehicle and using a estimate for reconditioning costs.
I have used them everyday for the last 12 years, and the most acuarate way is the market report on the adesa website, where you can see where, kms and how much for model, etc which is only available to dealers

thats right. i said dealer feedback. dealers and auction houses actually do submit the numbers and what you see are the averages. however, as jeremy said, the only way to get a closer number is to check and see what they are SELLING for, not ASKING price, in your area.;)

Top Bottom