Polaris pro rmk PROBLEM

fersch69

Reaction score
Ive got a 2011 pro rmk that doesnt want to run right.Had it back to the dealer 3 times and today will be the 4th. They replaced the throttle position sesor and re calibrated it but the dam thing does the same thing. The engine light comes on and it boggs out bad like its starving for fuel.any one have this same problem or no of a fix?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of a couple with the fuel select resistor going bad, resistance changes, have them check it with an ohm meter if they have not already. The only other thing I have heard of is the throttle safety switch in your throttle block. I would change the fuel filter if you think its starving for fuel I hear it does not take much to plug them off.

funrider

Reaction score
a Buddy's assault had some bogging it was a loose wire to the plug dealer fixed and then no more problem

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Dont feel bad mine is doing it to. I find it is worse when the motor is under load. Ive lightend the wieght a bit and it doesnt seem as bad, so I think its a fuel issue. It also dies out when I carve hard to the right, I think its do to snow restricting exuast flow not sure. Any one else have same thing?? Also lost 200 RPM some were.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, got new injectors and reflashed and it pretty much cleared it up. gunna get the throttle safety switch bypassed too tho because sometimes if i grab the throttle a little weird it bogs down. i find it was mostly making right turns on the trail actually that it would bog because i press the throttle differently when leaning right as to normal riding.

polaris69

Reaction score
Ive got a 2011 pro rmk that doesnt want to run right.Had it back to the dealer 3 times and today will be the 4th. They replaced the throttle position sesor and re calibrated it but the dam thing does the same thing. The engine light comes on and it boggs out bad like its starving for fuel.any one have this same problem or no of a fix?

My pro was doing it too we replaced the kill switch,problem solved.

rockydaug

Reaction score
the safety switch can not be just jumped, it has a set resistance when off and a different resistance when actuated. It would of been to simple to make it open or closed.:nono:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the safety switch can not be just jumped, it has a set resistance when off and a different resistance when actuated. It would of been to simple to make it open or closed.:nono:

Yes it can be jumped. same thing happened on friends m1000 you just have to make it think its always making its limit. but i will put a teather on anyways just to be sure when i roll it the throttle wont stick.

randyv

Reaction score
I put the non ethonal resistor in and use Shell premium which has no ethonal in it and has cleared it up.Sled works great now.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do i check if the throttle free play is correct?

When you first push on the throttle it will move a bit before actually pulling the cable. This opens a gap between the throttle and the throttle block. make sure this gap is only big enough to fit the end of a zip tie in.

Top Bottom