Polaris Clutch weights

Loopkey

Reaction score
I am going to McBride in Feb. and have a 08 Polaris 700 Dragon 155, the book says use 10-62 weights for 4-6 thousand feet or 10-60 weights for 6-8 thousand feet. For you regulars out there which weights would you use, we may ride all three areas or just Lucille and Renshaw, I was going to go with the 10-62 but what happens if we go higher.

Thanks for the input and I hope this starts a good discussion.

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same sled and i run 10-60 in mcbride and there good.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to change the weights in a Polaris I need to change mine in my fusion and not sure how to go about it
sorry its a bit off topic

Loopkey

Reaction score
well some change the weights with it on the sled but I am not sure what tool they use to compress the clutch but I take the clutch off, then compress the clutch to take the pressure off the weights, it take about 10 minutes, I made a clutch spring compressor..

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would definately go with the 10-60 weights. to change wieghts i just use a couple clamps and squeeze the clutch together a bit.

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just back off the bolts on the outside flange to back off spring tension, then pull bolt out for weights and change. Seems to work good for me .....specially on the trail.

Loopkey

Reaction score
well wanted to add that I did finally change the weights on the sled I bought a 6" large C clamp it fits perfect and you can tighten it up and it squeezes the clutch, worked awesome..

Top Bottom