Please don't leave your trash on the trail....

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were down in the Flathead on our annual 5 day trip...8 of us tow in our gear, gas and food on skimmers and stay in a cabin down in the Flathead. On Thursday, we met a group down on the edge of the Flathead River. They were from Saskatchewan and Alberta and were staying at the Inn on the Border. When we came across them, they were having a cold one in the heat of the sun...The noticeable brands were Pilsner an Keith's. We always stop and chat with everyone we see, as it is not a heavy populated area during the week... Anyways, we packed up and headed out on Friday morning...when we got to the main trail, we found multiple Pilsner and Keith's cans strung out on the trail, along with foil wrappers. We picked everything up and carried it out along with our garbage from the week. Please...if you are going to get out and enjoy the backcountry...RESPECT it and carry out your trash!!

hobiedude

Reaction score
>Another educational process that is sadly lacking.....friggin' teachers?????

Really? Part of the problem with education in BC is that some parents expect teachers to do the parent's job, like teach the little angels not to drop litter.
:rolleyes:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
>Another educational process that is sadly lacking.....friggin' teachers?????

Really? Part of the problem with education in BC is that some parents expect teachers to do the parent's job, like teach the little angels not to drop litter.
:rolleyes:

It is okay that you missed my sarcasm. Being a retired teacher (30 years) and parent of 4, I know full well where the problem stems from.

Not only about dropping litter but the list goes on and on: sex education, music, physical education, life skills, consideration of others, freedoms and rights, responsibilities, choices, priorities, but I think the point is made.

I'm not saying we should go back 70 years but with regards to education it wouldn't be a bad thing; reading, writing, and arithmetic and maybe the students would be a little smarter and a little more adjusted to face reality. Look how cheap the education budget could be?

I'm ready and let the roast begin.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another post showing how our sport works.........1 step forward, 2 steps back. Whether it be keeping area's open, riding in closed area's. caribou issues, etc. we are the root cause of all our problems. People like that are the reason good people like Powder Puff, Ferniesnow and Moyieslead keep running into roadblocks where ever they go when trying to represent us as a group to the viewing public.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another post showing how our sport works.........1 step forward, 2 steps back. Whether it be keeping area's open, riding in closed area's. caribou issues, etc. we are the root cause of all our problems. People like that are the reason good people like Powder Puff, Ferniesnow and Moyieslead keep running into roadblocks where ever they go when trying to represent us as a group to the viewing public.

You are absolutely correct...a few bad apples ruin the bunch. The point of this thread was in hopes that someone on here might know these jacka$$es and give 'em a smack up side the head. I even phoned Inn on the Border in hopes that they may still be there, but the girl told me they had already left for home. One fella that was most likely in his 50's and the other 6 or so were probably in there 20's/30's....They also had some rentals - Pro RMK's and a Cat I believe.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were down in the Flathead on our annual 5 day trip...8 of us tow in our gear, gas and food on skimmers and stay in a cabin down in the Flathead. On Thursday, we met a group down on the edge of the Flathead River. They were from Saskatchewan and Alberta and were staying at the Inn on the Border. When we came across them, they were having a cold one in the heat of the sun...The noticeable brands were Pilsner an Keith's. We always stop and chat with everyone we see, as it is not a heavy populated area during the week... Anyways, we packed up and headed out on Friday morning...when we got to the main trail, we found multiple Pilsner and Keith's cans strung out on the trail, along with foil wrappers. We picked everything up and carried it out along with our garbage from the week. Please...if you are going to get out and enjoy the backcountry...RESPECT it and carry out your trash!!

Way to go Kevin all you can do is preach what you pack in you pack out. If your drinkin beer or anything in aluminum cans when your done stand it on the board and stomp for compaction and pack it out kinda simple.

Last edited:

trhaus

Reaction score
i have chased people down to return their garbage to them with a brief explantion of why there choices affect everyone. the look on most peoples faces is a look of ashamed and disgust. or they just plain dont care. i am 26 and my fater would kick my ass if i left anything on the trail. i am a member of the asa and my local club is the tail creek snowbirds. and a big part of our poker rally is cleaning up after the people on the poker rally. a big thank u goes out to all u who clean up after others.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to go Kevin all you can do is preach what you pack in you pack out. If your drinkin beer or anything in aluminum can when your done stand it on the board and stomp for compaction and pack it out.

I'm definitely not the one to commend here...it was my buddies that noticed the trash and picked it up. However, I would have done the same if I would have came across it before they did:)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a beotch trying to be a MOTHER to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there these days!

Another educational process that is sadly lacking.....friggin' teachers?????

On the brighter side, thanks for cleaning up and packing the garbage out......you're the MAN !
Friggin parents I'd say.

sorry FS, I see you've already been chided.

Last edited:
Top Bottom